Death Is Avoidable!

Father P.O.V.

     Activation plus 6 minutes, pulse is 25, respiration 8...hell, it's just another day for Logan.

IF P.O.V.

     Things weren't looking good. Logan was stable but, not conscious. Compa and I were worried about what the doctors would say once they left that room. It took a couple hours before they stepped out, surgical masks off and hands together in front of them. Don't tell me...

-"W...well?" I asked.

-"Logan will survive...but his severe trauma to all major organs has left him out for quite some time...he may never awake again." One of them said.

     Tears started sliding down Compa's cheek and she rushed inside the room, I followed close behind. We both stood at the sides of his bed, watching as his chest rose and fell from his breath. Compa leaned over and rested her head on his chest to hear his heartbeat, I did the same. It was steady, but not strong enough to wake him up. I heard the door open and turned to see the men with a body bag entering...it had to be done. I felt tears start streaming down my face as well.

Father P.O.V.

     Those two really care for him, I was just joking about the two future wives comment. I didn't realize that it could actually be the case. Logan deserves women like them at his sides, I was waiting to see how far their emotions would take them. This was more than enough for conviction. Those two literally saved my son...and I couldn't be more thankful. I think I better repay by showing them a little secret that runs through the family. By the time I reached the operation room, I saw them just about to zip up the body bag and interjected.

-"Can a father not say goodbye to his only son before he's sent off?" I asked.

     Everyone in the room was startled by my appearance. I was wearing my Praetorian armband after all. They all stepped aside respectfully as I approached the still breathing body.

-"I may be old, but I care about family...and whoever they care about subsequently." I said.

-"What do you mean?" The girl named 'Compa' said, wiping tears from her eyes.

-"There's something I didn't tell anyone here about yet. I was waiting until Logan got used to being one of us but...it seems I have no choice now. He will walk among us again." I said.

-"What? How?" 'IF' asked.

-"An old trick in the family, listen closely. A Praetorian's death is very much unexpected, but seeing as he had a sword through him at one point, it's understandable how he would fade. Especially since he wasn't completely accustomed to the Praetor Armor yet. His Guardian, Orion, unfortunately fell by Zeke's hand in that battle. A bond between a guardian and his Praetorian comes from their very souls. I chose Orion from the moment Logan was born. Their souls were together since the start. But now, seeing as both of them have died, the guardian's soul is capable of restoring the Praetorian's at the cost of the destruction of his own."

-"So...there's a way to bring him back?" Compa asked.

-"Yes...but Orion will be lost forever if we choose to do so." I said.

    No one spoke, it seems as though they were in a dilemma. Not to worry, I had already made the choice for them. 

-"And that's exactly what I came here to do." I pulled out a small blue orb.

" I pulled out a small blue orb