Not Your Color

Three days had passed since the kidnapping of me and Taehyung, and the gossip about the situation still lingered on the Internet and news feeds. The group of men who had kidnapped us were actually a gang that had formed two years ago, and all of them have been arrested four times for illegal dealings. They were arrested not long after we were rescued from the warehouse.
Taehyung's injuries weren't as nearly as bad as mine, but since he's an idol and a big deal to the entertainment world, it's a big deal. I had two broken ribs, bruised hands that they wrapped in a cast, and they have offered me some therapy after my interrogation. Of course I was accused and taken into questioning, but luckily, Taehyung was there to clear my name.
Joon Jae was taking care of my shifts for me while I got some bed rest for the rest of our trip here in Hong Kong. But because of my status and experience they asked if I can still attend the company dinner and stand by Taehyung-- which, of course, I agreed since I am his bodyguard.
I stood in front of the bathroom mirror in the hotel room the agents were sharing and stared at my reflection. I closed my eyes in concentration trying to remember my omma and her last words before her death.

"Omma?" I slowly walked towards my parents bedroom, hesitantly opening the door and entering. I heard my omma coughing and a thud coming from where she stood. I panicked and ran to my omma, my twelve year old self shaking at the sight of her twitching body. I put my hands over my eyes and screamed loudly for help, hoping one of the neighbors above our apartment would hear my cries.
"Dae Cha..." My omma croaked.
I kept my eyes closed and turned away from my omma. "I don't want to see you... you're scaring me." I whispered softly, tears squeezing their way through my tightly closed eyelids.
"Dae Cha... come to omma... please." My breath became uneven; my body shuddering at the sound of her thin voice. "Answer my question:" I bit my lip and waited for the question she had repeatedly asked me for two months. "Where is your Unnie?"

My head twitched to the side when my memory became clouded. I sighed and applied toothpaste to my toothbrush and began to vigorously brush my teeth. There was a knock on the hotel door and I spat the white toothpaste into the sink, rinsing it down the drain using the water from the faucet.
I fixed my tank top and moved my hair out of my way as I opened the door. There standing in the doorway was J-Hope and Taehyung holding a tape measurer, wrapping it around my waist. My body stiffened as they continued to wrap the tape measurer around every part of my body. "What the heck are you doing?" I asked them.
"Taking measurements," J-Hope said casually. "For the company dinner tomorrow night."
J-Hope attempted to measure my bust and I quickly moved away from the two members. "Stop!" I held my hands up. "I'll be wearing my suit like I do everyday."
"Exactly: you wear it everyday." Taehyung commented. "It's only appropriate to wear a dress to such an event."
"Besides, it's nice to get all dolled up every once in a while, right?" I shook my head side to side. "Too bad!" J-Hope skipped down the hallway and towards the elevator.
Taehyung walked into the hotel room. "Get dressed; I'm taking you out shopping."
"No, you're not."
Taehyung smirked. "Yes, I am." He started to walk towards me and I walked back from him. "You know, you might look real pretty with a dress and makeup..."
"I don't care for that." I answered honestly. "Mr. Bang would be totally against this."
Taehyung scoffed and grabbed my hand making me wince at the contact of his hand squeezing mine. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" Taehyung exclaimed. "I forgot about--"
"It's fine," I assured him. "But you should leave." Taehyung walked over to my bed and grabbed my blazer. He started pulling me by my arm instead of my injured hand out the door. "Wait, where are we going?" I reached for my purse on the nook by the hotel door.
"Kaja." Taehyung said, a smirk playing on his lips as he pressed the elevator button down to the first floor of the hotel.

We had taken a taxi to the nearest boutique and began a search for the "perfect" dress. "How about this one?" J-Hope held up a teal dress layered with tons of white lace.
"I don't see why I need a dress to begin with. This is highly inappropriate." I remarked, crossing my arms and legs on the bench in the boutique.
J-Hope poked my arm and sat beside me on the bench. "Just let us treat you, okay?" I sighed in annoyance. "Now, you're waist is 21 inchs, so we're going to need something really, really, really small for you." J-Hope started squeezing my arms. "And you got some really nice arms, so we need a dress to show them off."
I slapped J-Hope's shoulder. "Yah!"
"Arraso! Jeez, ahjumma..." We looked out in front of us to see Taehyung walking towards us holding a handbag. "What's that?"
"A handbag. I think we should try to find a dress to match it."
J-Hope stood from the bench, shaking his head. "Ani, we should find a dress first, that way we can find accessories that will match the dress. The dress is the main part; accessories should compliment it."
Taehyung nodded his head in agreement. "Hope, you're so smart."
I rolled my eyes. "Can we please go back to the hotel?"
Taehyung ignored my question. "I saw some dresses that'll probably fit her a few aisles down."
J-Hope thought about it for a second. "Okay, let's try over there." J-Hope started walking in the direction where Taehyung recommended.
Taehyung extended his hand out to me. I rejected his offer. "Let's just get this over with..." I followed behind J-Hope to the long aisle stocked full of dresses.
J-Hope had already grabbed three and held them up to my body, leaning his head to the side and examined seriously. "Hmmm, not this." He chucked it behind him and grabbed another one. "Nope."
"J-Hope, what about this one?" Taehyung handed him a tight, red dress.
He nodded his head approvingly. "She should try it." J-Hope and Taehyung put their arms around my shoulder, walking towards the direction of the dressing room in the boutique.
We found a empty compartment and they pushed me lightly inside, handing me two dresses. "We'll be waiting outside." J-Hope smiled and closed the curtain.
I began to change into a blue, flowy dress with cupped sleeves. I buttoned the last button and checked it out in front of the mirror. I opened the curtain, revealing myself in the dress. Taehyung and J-Hope studied the look and shook their head slowly in disapproval. "It's cute, but--"
"You look like a school girl." Taehyung finished for J-Hope.
"Yeah..."
"Okay." I went back inside and changed into the red dress. I actually kind of liked this one better than the previous dress. I presented myself in front of the two members, waiting for their response.
"Not your color." Taehyung said casually.
I looked down at the dress. "I actually kind of like it..."
"Trust me," Taehyung said. "You don't."
I sighed and watched J-Hope come back to where we were with a black dress draped over his arm. "Try this. It's simple and elegant." I took the dress from him and entered the dressing compartment.
I changed out of the red dress and stared at the black one. I pulled it over my exposed body and studied it's detail through the mirror. The dress came just about three inches above the knee, it had long sleeves that were skin tight, the zipper in the back was golden, and the neckline was just a bit below my collarbone. I did rather like this one I thought, turning my body around to get a nice view. I noticed that it hadn't been zipped up yet, so I began to drag the zipper up the dress. It got caught in the middle and I sighed in frustration, walking out of the dressing room.

Taehyung's P.O.V

I sat on the bench outside of the dressing room with J-Hope, looking down at my phone as I waited for Dae Cha to appear in the new dress we had given her to try.
We heard the curtain to the department slide across the rod and Dae Cha came walking out, her arms behind her back tugging at the gold zipper behind the dress. J-Hope stood from the bench in amazement. "Wow!" He admired her. "That's definitely the one." J-Hope started to walk away. "I'm going to go find some shoes to match."
"Gamowo." I heard Dae Cha say in a soft voice. I glanced up from my phone and uncontrollably took a double glance at her. I watched her struggle to pull the zipper up as she twirled around in place. "Mr. Kim, could you...?" She motioned me to help her finish pulling the zipper up.
I gulped nervously and walked towards her petite yet strong, lean body. The dress exaggerated her curves in almost a seductive way. I placed my hand on the bare upper part of her back and smoothly glided the gold zipper up the dress. The feel of my hand against her soft, warm skin gave me a tingling feeling from my fingers down to my toes.
"It's, um," My voice cracked and I cleared my throat before continuing. "Done."
She spun around and faced me. "Thank you." For a moment we just stood there staring at each other awkwardly.
"You look... beautiful." I complimented her.
She brushed her hair out of her face and nodded her head, her cheeks color turning into a rose red. I smiled at my success and grabbed her hand softly, taking her to where J-Hope had gone to get some shoes.

Dae Cha's P.O.V

Taehyung took my hand in his softly and walked me towards the direction J-Hope had gone. Taehyung's compliment continued ringing in my head; the memory of the way he said it making me blush madly.
J-Hope met us half way and presented the shoes. "This works." He said proudly. The shoes were black and simple three inch heels. Taehyung directed me in the direction of a bench over to the side, motioning me to sit down as he took the shoes from J-Hope. I reached for the shoes to put them on, but Taehyung refused to give them to me and slid them on instead. I felt my face flush and I directed my attention else where.
Taehyung finished sliding the left shoe and stood up, standing next to J-Hope to observe my attire.
"We're done." J-Hope confirmed. "Agent Kang," I looked up to lock eyes with J-Hope's sparkling ones. "Let's go back to the hotel."