Good Puppy

Taehyung's P.OV

I stumbled inside Dae Cha's house as her dead-weight body carelessly layed over my back. I carefully layed her on the couch in her living room, debating whether to move her into her bedroom where she would be most comfortable, but she was already sound asleep where she was. I smiled slightly as she smacked her lips together while practically inaudible murmurs were muttered under her breath. I heard taps on the wood flooring and I looked behind me to see Lulu standing on her hind legs, scratching my knee to get my attention. I smiled and cradled her as I walked to Dae Cha's room to grab her bedroom blanket of her bed. As I was about to leave I spotted a glass frame sitting on a her nightstand underneath a lamp decorated with cherry blossoms. I set Lulu down on the firm matress and took the pictured frame in my hands, studying the features on the family members faces. One face in particular caught my attention-- her Unnie. How I could tell she was her Unnie was by how they had the same smile as they stood next to each other.
Once I was satisfied with my find and examination, I set the object down under it's place, out of the corner of my eye catching something falling to the floor that must've escaped from the frame. I held it in my hands, curiousity running through my head as I carefully unfolded it. Something told me to stop what I was doing, and so, I folded it back, using the creases already formed on the paper as guidance. I sighed and left the room, taking one more glance at Dae Cha before leaving her apartment quitely.

Dae Cha's P.O.V

I awoke to the burn of the sun's shining light on my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes harshly. I opened my eyes to see colored spots and Lulu licking my toes. I pulled my feet away from her warm tongue and called her onto my lap. I looked around my house suspiciously and lifted the blanket that covered my legs. "I see that you're awake..." I heard Taehyung's voice say. I looked around frantically, thinking I was only merely hearing things. "Kitchen." I turned to look in the direction where the voice had directed, jumping back after spoting Taehyung standing there calmly with a cup of coffee to his lips while overlooking some letters.
I stood from my couch where I layed, Lulu hopping off of me and running towards the kitchen table where Taehyung sat. "You... why are you here?"
"You were drunk last night," He said calmly. "Someone had to take you home."
I bit my lip, frustrated by the fact that I was foolishly drunk and unprofessional last night. "Well, you shouldn't be here now."
"I know." He said casually as he stood from the table and threw his empty, paper coffee mug into the trash can in the corner of the kitchen. "I bought you some coffee and made you a hangover breakfast." I gave him a doubtful look. "Don't worry; me and Jin had made this for the members numerous of times when they would have a hangover. It works."
"Whatever."
He sighed as he walked over to the front door, grabbing his trench coat that draped over one of the chairs that surrounded the kitchen table on his way out. I crossed my arms as I watched him leave. He stopped in his tracks and slightly turned his head towards me. "Tell me: when I lock this door, will it lock your heart as well?" I stood there silently, pondering his question into consideration. How much I would like for him to know that he is in my heart. But it can never work out.
Taehyung sighed and locked the door, shutting it completely. I shook my head and sat at the table, the breakfast Taehyung had made me presented in front of me. I picked up my chopsticks and picked up half a boiled egg that rested on the plate and placed it on my tongue, taking it back into my mouth to chew. Lulu was begging on the floor for the food that I ate before me. I picked up the other half of the boiled egg and fed it to her, Lulu excitedly chewing it and swallowing. I smiled at Lulu and hopped down from the chair to mess with her fur. "He's real sweet, isn't he?" A frown formed on my lips as Lulu left me to go to our room. "Real sweet..."

There was the sound of a gunshot fired outside, the Boys attention now searching for where it had come from. I smiled at Jungkooks mouth gaping open in shock and Jimin tightly gripping Jungkook's shirt. "You all seem surprised," I shouted towards the group of seven pretty boys waiting to be trained. The sky was blue over the green five acre field; the birds chirping echoing around us. "Today we start your training. First, we must awaken your senses," I snapped my fingers to grab the attention of Joon Jae and Chan Woo, them being followed by other agents holding dogs by the leash. "By having you run for your life." The Boy's looked at each other with concerment and confusion. "I'll have Chief Lee explain you the objective."
I moved to the side to allow Chan Woo file in as we exchanged awkward glances. "Thank you, Agent Kang. What we will be doing today is something that is both exilerating and frightening. These are all special trained hunting dogs that are oftened adopted by police departments. These dogs will only attack you if they feel threatened in any way. We will pair each of you with a agent to make sure no accidents occur." The agents snickered under their breath as the Boys had questioning looks playing on their faces. "We want to test your running skills because if you are being pursued by a stranger, the first thing you ought to do is run."
"Run~--"
"Don't." Namjoon cut J-Hope and Taehyung off. "I apologize." Namjoon bowed to the Chief, but couldn't hold back a smile.
"That's all right. Ahem, now, as I was saying, these dogs are the "strangers", and you're running for your life. Understand?" The Boys nodded their heads in understanding. "Great. So agents, find your partner. Agent Kang, you're with Mr. Kim Taehyung, Agent Park has taken a sick day, so you're on your own."
"Yes sir."
"But I wanted Agent Kang..." J-Hope whined. "Tae, can we trade?" J-Hope heard a deep grumble from a very tall and bulky male agent whom he was partnered with. J-Hope whimpered and you could practically see his legs weakly tremble beneath him. "Ah, Tae? Jehbal..."
"Aniyo! Sheesh, you're gripping my arm too tight, Hyung." Taehyung yanked his arm from J-Hope harshly. J-Hope laughed nervously while subtly whispering to Taehyung, the whispers calling out the phrase, "save me."
"Mr. Jung, please return to your agent."
"Ah, yes, yes..." J-Hope shuffled over to his agent hesitantly, refusing to make the slightest of eye contact.
A smile that had formed on my face shifted into a frown once I realized that Taehyung and I were standing face-to-face. "Are... are you ready?" I asked quietly.
"Mm."
"Okay..." I turned around so that Taehyung and I were standing shoulder to shoulder.
"Let's begin!"
Bang!
The hunting game started, and the Boys ran for their lives once they heard the dogs barking. Taehyung grabbed my wrist before I could react and pulled me with him as we sprinted towards the woods. I tried to pry his hand off, but his grip was too tight. Too desperate.
I glanced behind me to study the distance between us and our assigned dog. "He's getting closer-- wait, why are we going through the woods?"
"It'll slow him down..." Taehyung's breathing was shaky, making it hard for me to understand what he was trying to say. Taehyung clenched his teeth, causing his jaw line to sharpen and his veins to pop. Next thing I knew, he was chuckling to himslef, making it difficult to focus on what I was supposed to be doing.
We jumped over a fallen branch, Taehyung finally releasing the grasp he held on my wrist the whole while we were running across the field. Our feet were crunching dead leaves as we walked to get closer to find some cover, and our breathing was heavy; it made my chest hurt because of the weather. What's even worse is that my mouth and throat are extremely dry. We settled behind a dead tree log and looked around both sides to make sure we were clear. I felt my ears perk up when I heard Namjoon and J-Hope screaming as the dogs barked their victory. Taehyung tried to supress a laugh and swallowed before speaking. "Bet Jimin and Jin will be next. They won't stand a chance." Taehyung sniffed and swiped his arm under his nose, then laughed when he heard Jin screaming threats to a dog and Jimin laughing. I guess they were caught as Taehyung predicted. "Ah, that was fun..."
I looked above me and watched a dark figure jump down from a tree branch and land on top of the log we sat up against. I rolled to the side and grabbed Taehyung, pulling him up with me as I blocked the attackers punch with my forearm. He spun a kick at me, my reaction ducking and grabbing his unbalanced leg and pulling it down in front of my view, resulting into him flipping over me. I jumped up and took notice that Taehyung had fled from the scene. Good puppy. I  trailed after Taehyung when I decided that getting away from the attacker would put me in a better position than trying to fight. We could still hear screams from the Boys and I silently hoped that they were just playful ones. I tripped over a dirty abandoned shoe and rolled down a hill, slicing my right knee on something sharp and edgy. I groaned between gritted teeth and saw Taehyung running towards me in concernment. "No, get--get out of here."
"Agent Kang, you're hurt bad..." He covered his hand over my knee.
"Aish! Get the heck out of here and get some help." I hissed, causing Taehyung to flinch but obey anyways.
I attempted to stand but was knocked down by the attacker. I gasped and tried to crawl away, but he pushed a foot down onto my knee. I whimpered and watched him pull out a knife as he lowered himself to my level. I pushed away desperatly as terrifying memories flickered in my head, causing unwanted tears to flow. I hesitantly reached into my suit jacket to try to find my gun, but because my actions were slow, the attacker caught on to what I was trying to do and grabbed my wrist. Before I knew it or could even think of another move, one of the training dogs had chomped down on the attackers arm. He screamed in pain and pulled away from me instantly as the dog continued fighting the attacker. I stood up and watched him punch the top of the dogs head and pull a whistle out of his pocket, blowing into it to produce a high-pitched note. The dog whimpered and fell back along with the attacker. I pulled out my gun and pointed in the direction of where he had run off to, but he had vanished. I looked all around the woods frantically, but there was no sign of him anywhere. I felt something brush past my leg and I reacted by pointing the little hand gun that my hands gripped tightly at the hunting dog. The dog licked my hand where I held the trigger to calm me down. I felt like I was going crazy. "I don't know who the heck that guy is," I said to the dog as I bent down to stroke the dog's long back. "But he isn't playing games."