Lack of Patience

I poured the fresh hot coffee into my personal mug, grabbing a few sweeteners and gliding over to the island. I ripped the top of the wrapper and sprinkled the contents in the packet in the drink, stirring until completely dissolved. I glanced up from my mug and wiped my forehead with the back of my hand to remove the damp, sticky steam that rested on my face. I looked over at the entrance of the kitchen and caught sight of Yoongi briskly walking down the hall. I decided to not pay any mind to Yoongi and pulled out a tall stool from the island. I heard some murmuring outside in the hall that had caught my attention. I quietly walked over to the door frame and rested my head there, sipping on my coffee every once in a while. "I want you to accompany Taehyung more often," I recognized this voice that belongs to Yoongi. "I feel as though there are some feelings between Taehyung and Agent Kang. It's unsettling."
"Um, I mean, this assignment wasn't mine to begin with..." Joon Jae.
"Just pay more attention to them, please." I poked my head out from around the side to look at Joon Jae bowing his head in submission. Yoongi continued down the hallway with his hands in his hoodie.
I made my presence known by stepping out of the kitchen and into the hallway where Joon Jae stood. "Everything okay?"
Joon Jae's body jolted and he looked at me with wide eyes. "Dae Cha-- Agent Kang, excuse me."
I smiled and walked closer to Joon Jae, my hands overlapping each other around my hot coffee mug. "You can call me Dae Cha, I don't mind. I mean, we're partners so it's not like we need to be so formal."
Joon Jae smiled and glanced at my mug of coffee. "Oh, were you on a coffee break? I was about to go on mine, as well. May I join you?"
"Sure," I smiled and started backtracking towards the kitchen. "Nice to have company."
I sat at the island and watched Joon Jae fix his coffee, walking to the island and setting his coffee mug gently down on the surface. "Ah, nice and hot!" Joon Jae took a happy sip from the mug and smiled to himself.
I noticed Joon Jae flicking is glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "You have glasses? I had no idea..."
Joon Jae chuckled in his mug and set it down before answering. "Yeah, I've had these same glasses for seven years."
"No way," I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. "Jinja?"
"Jinja." Joon Jae winked at me and continued sipping his coffee casually. I felt my cheeks turn red a bit at his sudden flirtatious side.
"So, why were you talking to Mr. Min? Especially about me." I asked to clear the awkward air.
Joon Jae took a sharp sip. "Um, well, he's just worried that you and Mr. Kim are taking things to another level." Joon Jae looked at me square in the face. "Is that true?"
"Nope," I said casually, smiling a innocent smile. "There's only one level when it comes to Taehyung and I: business."
"Ah... arraso."
I checked my watch and realized it was now twelve fifteen. I heard brisk, heavy footsteps coming down the hall, Taehyung appearing just outside the kitchen door and walking up to me, grabbing my wrist. "Excuse me, Agent Park." Taehyung pulled my arm causing me to fall out of my chair and tailing Taehyung.
"Yah, Mr. Kim--"
"It's time for our lunch date!"
"What?" I waved at Joon Jae quickly as I was forced to follow Taehyung through the kitchen, out the back door, down the steps of the porch and into the grassy, five acre field. "Mr. Kim," Taehyung stopped to face me. "Why are we out here? We were supposed to have dinner later this evening."
"I couldn't wait," He said bluntly. "I lack patience." I rolled my eyes and Taehyung grinned, maneuvering around me and grabbing the back of my shoulders, pushing me forward towards a quilt with a nicely basket decorated with food and fixings. "I bought this at a market, I'll admit... but it's the thought that counts."
"Wait," I shook my head. "This doesn't feel right..."
Taehyung gave a sigh. "That's because you're hungry, silly." Taehyung pulled me down onto the quilt with him. "Sit, sit! This isn't even the best part."
"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.
Taehyung opened up the basket and picked up Lulu. "Tada!"
I gasped at the sight of Lulu's presence. "How the heck did you get Lulu? Why is she here?" I took Lulu away from Taehyung.
"I wanted to play with her, but you're so stubborn when it comes to having guests in your home." Taehyung softly stroked Lulu whom rested in my lap. "I thought she'd like to see her omma since you're always away." Taehyung noticed my not-so-pleased expression. "Your door was unlocked, by the way."
"What would you have done if it was locked?"
"I'm a idol," He posed playfully. "I can just talk to the owner of the building."
"Yeah, and get in trouble with publicity and Mr. Bang and potentially put your career at risk."
Taehyung's face fell. "Oh, yeah..."
"Why would you go through all that trouble anyways?"
Taehyung shrugged his shoulders loosely. "Because it's fun..." Taehyung looked up at me and snapped his fingers in realization. "Oh, yeah! I brought strawberries."
"What?" I set Lulu down in the grass and watched Taehyung pull out all sorts of strawberry dishes.
"Done. Wanna try?" I opened up a container of just plain and uncut strawberries. Taehyung grabbed one before I could. "Open your mouth." He held the strawberry in front of my mouths entrance.
"Um, no." I moved his hand out of my face and grabbed my own. Taehyung stuck his tongue at me and set the strawberry back in the bowl. He looked over at Lulu and got in a playful position, patting the ground to get her attention. "She doesn't play like that," I informed him. "Only when she feels threatened."
"Oh, yeah?" Taehyung tackled me to the ground, a yelp that escaped my lips echoing around us. Lulu pounced on Taehyung and started nibbling on his ear between growls. He laughed at the tickle of her teeth's physical contact with his ear and rolled around with uncontrollable giggles, still pinning me to the ground. Lulu realized that this was just part of some fun and began licking Taehyung's cheek up and down. She jumped off of us as I stared at Taehyung's angelic face; the sun that made his hair shimmer in its light was almost hypnotic. I couldn't help but fantasize about my hand in his hair, his cheesy smile only shown around me...
Taehyung noticed my long observation and bent in closer to lick the tip of my nose, bringing me back to reality. "Ugh!" I shoved him off of me and wiped my nose in disgust. "What did you do that for?"
"I was just sharing Lulu's kisses with you..."
"Are you a dog?" I asked, my tone of voice loud to the ear.
"I'm a puppy," Taehyung got onto his knees and held his hands up in a dog position, barking and whimpering while rolling in the grass. "Come play with me!"
I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, yanking him up to where we were almost shoulder to shoulder. "We should get back to work..." Taehyung stared at my face with unwavering eyes. "The others will be missing us." He continued to stare. "Yes?"
"Nothing," He said quietly. "You just have strawberry stuck to your cheek."
I felt my cheeks flush and I turned away from Taehyung. "Should have told me earlier..." Again, I felt Taehyung's tongue graze up my cheek. "Aish Taehyung!"
"Oh!" He pointed a finger at me. "You said my name! I'm going to go tell..." Taehyung began moving down the hill as he continued to muse threats. "On you!" He shouted as he ran down the hill, Lulu not far from his trail.
"Ya- Yah!" I chased after Taehyung, quickly catching up to him and grabbing the back of his shirt. "Will you stop being so immature?"
"Aniyo." Taehyung admitted, his breathing irregular.
"Why?"
"How else am I supposed to get your attention, Miss Coffee Stain?" My words were caught up in my throat by his unexpected excuse. He smiled sweetly and scooped Lulu up in his arms, talking to her in a baby-like voice. "Let's take you home."