Jimmy Jr Pesto wasn't planning on spending his first day of his fall break sick in bed, but there he was, painting sealing wax on his brother's report card turned paper boat.

His brother, Andy, rested his head on the older boy's shoulder, clearly caring less about his influenza.

Jimmy Jr smiled at his handiwork, presenting the boat to Andy, who studied every rough around the edge on the paper entertainment.

"S..she's all ready, captain."

Andy cocked an eyebrow, noticing Jimmy Jr's bold handwriting spelling out 'S.S. Andy'.

"She?"

"You always called bo..boats a she."

"She. Thanks Jimmy Jr."

Even though he wasn't very affectionate towards other people, his brother was an exception.

Andy scampered out of his brother's room, paper boat in hand, a bright yellow slicker covering the mop of red hair covering the boy's head.

Jimmy Jr smiled at his brother, deeply wishing he could play out in the rain with Andy.

Little did he know, it would be the last time he ever saw him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain was almost like a dangerous ocean, twisting and curving with every open space of ground appearing.

Andy's galoshes stomped puddles on the concrete, chasing the paper boat around Ocean Avenue.

The neighborhood was never known for its rapid cleanliness, which is why it was never the most popular tourist attraction when people came to visit 'Seymour's Bay'.

But it didn't mean that the town wasn't a popular summer vacation resort, that was another story.

The paper boat swerved around the sidewalks, soaked in rainwater.

Andy kept the boat in plain sight, or so he tried to.

But then he landed smack down on the gravel, his head previously meeting the 'caution; sewer work ahead' sign.

Before he could even feel the incoming bruise on his forehead, Andy pushed his tiny frame off of the soaked ground, searching for where the boat had landed.

But alas, the keen nine year old was no match for speed, as he witnessed the 'S.S. Andy' sink into the deep abyss of the sewer.

"No!"

Andy dropped to his knees, his head peering into the sewer, as if to search for any sign of life of the boat.

But two bright glowing eyes appearing at the end of the sewer proved his theory.

"Hiya Andy."

Andy jumped back, clutching his slicker with a tiny, tan clenched fist.

The figure had bright blue eyes, porcelain skin, and had the closest depiction to a clown that it would leave Ronald McDonald in tears.

The man had a bright red smile, almost sinister if Andy had compared him to a horror movie character his brother and threw jokes at during horror movie marathons over the summer.

Although Carrie might've not been the best movie to watch at 12:00 a.m.

The clown held up the boat, the words 'S.S. Andy' smeared by the dampness, a grin the size of the Cheshire cat's on his lips.

"What a nice boat! Do you want it back?"

Andy nodded, not that he was in fear, but because the clown was basically staring into her soul.

"I'm not supposed to take stuff from strangers."

"Well I'm Pennywise the dancing clown. Me, Pennywise, you, Andy. You, Andy, me Pennywise. Now we aren't strangers, are we Andy?"

Andy bit his lip, silently wishing he could just yank the boat out of the clown's hand, yet the clown was sort of freaking him out, but he would never admit it.

"You seem like a nice boy, I bet you have a lot of friends."

"Three, but my brothers my best-best."

"Where's he?"

"At home. Sick."

"I bet I could cheer him up. I'll give him a balloon. Do you want a balloon too Andy?"

Andy nodded, a small smirk appearing on his face.

"How'd you get down there?"

"A storm blew me away. Blew the whole circus away."

The clown's peppy grin turned sinister when his bottom lip dropped slightly.

"Do you smell the circus Andy?"

Andy leaned his head into the sewer, just enough to smell what the clown described as what a circus would smell like.

"There's peanuts, cotton candy, popcorn, is that your favorite Andy?"

Andy grinned, the clown began to giggle from the sewer.

"I like popcorn too, because it pops. Pop, pop, pop."

Andy giggled, but turned almost in fear when the clown looked him in the eyes, his bright grin dropping.

"I should get going now."

"Without your boat?"

Andy started to regret taking the boat out for a spin, his fist reached for the boat.

"Jimmy Jr's gonna kill you."

He reached the boat, but before he could escape, the clown grabbed his arm viciously.

His mouth split wide open, revealing almost thousands of teeth, before latching itself onto Andy's elbow.

He jumped back, now with only one arm on his body, the stump on his shoulder oozing blood at almost a deathly rate.

The red-head crawled his way further away from the sewer, blood mixing with the flood of rainwater.

But alas, the nine-year old was too slow for the clown, and was pulled down into the sewer.

The last thing he ever heard, was a choir of children singing a song as almost in a cult form.

"Oranges and lemons,"

"Say the bells of St. Clementz..."

Author's note-
Hi, so I really hope that you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my It fanfiction. A lot of my friends have been trying to get me to upload chapter 1 for a while so here it is. Don't worry, there will be plenty of chapters in this story and I plan to upload multiple times a week if I can.

- Gracie