Prologue: Welcome aboard

The pitter patter of rain slapped against my friend's face and my face. Blearily, we tried to see our way past the rain. Nothing but mist and ground from here. I struggled to stay on my now webbed feet. The wind blowing harshly against my sticking clothes.

" You know, it's weird. It's like the wind wants us to go somewhere." I commented. " You're weird!" Katie, my best friend, who had green eyes and looked like a duck, said.

" But that's what it feels like. If we're ducks that must mean something." I commented. " It means we're ducks, what more could it mean?" Katie asked. Suddenly I turned around to where the wind was blowing.

" Where are you going?" Katie asked, turning her flinching face to me. " To the wind!" I said, then she suddenly laughed. " To the wind?! Hilarious!! No seriously where are you going?" She asked. "' To where the wind takes me!'" I quoted from Pokemon.

" Seriously?" She asked. " What?! I think the wind could be important that's what I'm saying. Is that what you're saying?" I asked. She shook her head. " We should just..." She began before she was swept off her feet. " Oh good StarClan." I exaggerated as I followed where the wind was blowing her at.

I reached out my wing fingers and barely grazed her foot. I missed. Man the wind is strong today. I kept chasing her, my small size wasn't any good here. I panted harshly. I jumped high, but I ended up being swept too. How do we get to the ground from here?!

I panicked slightly. Then I saw the ground. I reached out. Maybe I can stop us from being flown away. My fingers kept slipping every time I tried to grab the ground. Well using that method doesn't work. Then an idea came to my head. A tree. Ah glorious trees.

I reached out and grabbed it, while my friend grabbed my feet. I used my skills to pull us down to the ground. No not any of that skills. I don't have any gym skills. I only have marching skills. And they worked out lovely.

I pulled us to the ground. " Are we safe now, Caroline?" Katie asked. " Yeah, but we should try staying on the ground for now." I said, as rain made my eyes close. I sat down to catch my breath. " Everything is getting dizzy!" I wailed. " What?! No don't faint on me!" Katie said, slapping me.

" I feel like Ampharos all of a sudden. This place is new to me." I said in an accidentally British accent. Katie giggled. She sat down next to me and we leaned against the tree. Prickles were in my fingers. I began picking out the tree bark.

I yelped slightly as I pulled out the splinters. " Sigh, this is going to hurt for a while." I said, my head bowed. Katie looked over at me. " What are we going to do now?" She asked. I stood up only to dizzily move around like Ampharos. " Let's see, find ourselves a nice place to live. Maybe cause trouble. Maybe find Della duck." I rambled.

Katie rolled her eyes. I then crashed into the tree. " Dang my sudden Ampharos-likeness." I said as I shook my head. " What is wrong with you?" Katie harshly said. " Nothing I just suddenly got turned into a copy of Ampharos somehow." I said. " You don't look like an Ampharos." Katie comments.

" I know it's a metaphor." I said, then I regained my bearings. I then raced off, before slipping on rain water. " Jesus!!!! Why do you want me to suffer?!" I exaggerated to the sky. " I dunno." Katie said as she scrambled to her feet.

" Ow my legs hurt!" She suddenly said. " Did you sit on them?" I asked her. " Maybe." She said, kind of slyly. I rolled in the water. I'm probably going to get sick at this rate. I lifted myself and walked, before I almost fell in ocean water.

I actually did almost end in the water, but a wing grabbed me and saved me. " What are you two kids doing out here?" He asked, as three identical heads poked out to look at us.