six

"kickin' it"

"kickin' it"

"Damn, Quinn. Take it easy," I grumbled briefly before my face scrunched up tightly.
She giggled while proceeding to braid just as tightly as she had been for the past ten minutes. I didn't see what was so funny, but I was starting to think she liked seeing me suffer.

"Why didn't you tell me you were tender-headed when I asked?" she asked.
"'Cuz I didn't know what the hell that meant. Shit," my face remained balled up as a result of the growing tension that was taking over my scalp.
"Ask next time, genius," she told me.

I was seated on the floor between her knees while she was seated on her living room couch. The television was on, incense was burning, and the stress I was experiencing could've easily been appeased with a blunt. Damn, I should've brought my weed.

"Your hair smells good," she sighed deeply as if she just inhaled the scent.
"Well, we did use your products, weirdo" I noted.
"I know," she chirped.
"Can you pass me the remote?" I inquired.
"So, you can change the channel?" she questioned me, and I could just hear in her voice that her nose was crinkled.
"Uh, yeah," I answered in a 'duh' tone.
"No, Maury's about to come on," she retorted.
I kissed my teeth, knowing that I couldn't get up and grab the remote myself because she was braiding my hair.

"I don't see how you watch that shit," I shook my head.
"It's entertaining," she chuckled.
"It's garbage," I corrected her.
"Oh, shut up and let me have my fun," she kissed her teeth.
"You have enough fun torturing me," I muttered, balling up my fists to help myself cope with the intensity she was applying to my head.

"You're actin' like you ain't ever had your hair braided. Ava ain't ever braided your hair?" she asked.
"If she did, don't you think I would've already had braids in my head?" I was being a smart ass once again.

"Whatever, Juwan," she replied while her grip only grew tighter.
"Ow," I exaggerated my pain, trying to see her out of my peripheral vision to no avail.

"Damn, Quinn. Chill out," I grunted as my eyes shut themselves tightly.
"You're complaining like I'm killing you," she kissed her teeth.
"Because you are, woman! I swear you like seein' me in pain," I grumbled while letting my arms rest on her thighs.
"Would weed help you?" she leaned down toward me so I could finally see her.
"Yes, please," I nodded.

"Okay, hold on. Let me finish this braid," she stated.
"Hahahaha," I giddily rubbed my hands together.
After about a minute, Quinn was moving off of the couch and down the hall that led to her bedroom.

I remained seated for a moment before seeing this as my opportunity to grab the remote. I did so swiftly, placing it in the middle of my legs which had been stretched out for only about five minutes. I searched the television for something to watch for only a few seconds before I realized that Quinn would be walking in at any moment and catch me red-handed in the act of changing the channel. So, I decided to just hold off on finding another show to enjoy.