thirty one

"moment of clarity"

"moment of clarity"

"I've been seeing somebody else."

My first thought was to slap him with all the force I had in me, and that's what I followed through on, but somehow I ended up throwing wild punches to his chest as I straddled him on the floor.

"Quinn, chill! Chill!" he shouted, and that's when I realized what I was doing. Although I was fully aware of what I was doing now, I didn't stop. I kept right on, letting my barrage of emotions out on him. I hadn't even deciphered all that I felt before I got from on top of him and stood without a word. With that, I was heading straight upstairs to pack my bags.

"Q! Q! Where are you going?" he asked from behind me as I stomped up the staircase. "Answer me!"
I ignored him while entering the bedroom, wiping the lone tear that escaped my eye. I marched up to the closet, opening the door in order to reach the empty bags of luggage I brought when I first moved in. I heard his heavy footsteps sprint up the stairs and trail behind me as I got a hold on one of my duffel bags, which resided at the top of the closet.

Once I pulled it down, it was snatched from my hold and tossed across the room.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked angrily, staring up at the man I thought I loved.
"You're not leaving, Quinn. We're gonna' sit down and talk about this!" he said it as if he had authority over me.

"I don't have shit to say to you, you dog ass nigga. What the fuck could I possibly have to say to you? I. . . I gave you everything I possibly could. I've poured so much of myself into you, and here you are, going around town giving it all back to the streets! I can't even fucking stand to look at your back-stabbing ass!" I shouted.

"How could you do this to us? We were so close to— to being happy, and you just—"
"We were far from happy, Quinn. Admit it!" he interrupted me.

"Every moment I spent with your ass, I was happy. I was the happiest, luckiest woman on Earth, but it's obvious you didn't share the same sentiments. If you were so fucking miserable, why didn't you break up with me? Why'd you insist on going behind my back and making me look stupid?" I asked.
"I didn't want to leave you when you needed me most," he sighed.

I stared up at him for only a moment before scoffing and going toward the opposite side of the room to pick up the duffel bag he took from me. Once in my grasp again, I set it onto the bed and unzipped it.

"I never needed you, Juwan. I'm fine. I'm always fine," I muttered.
"Stop lying to yourself, Quinn! You told me yourself that you needed me!"

"And yet, you still went and fucked another bitch! You knew that I needed you, but you insisted on breaking my heart anyway. . . How could I be so stupid? I let you convince me that you were Mr. Right. I let you convince me that we were made for each other. . . I was planning on having your fucking babies, Juwan! I wrote you into my future, and what the fuck did you go do? You went and ruined it!" I screamed.