twenty four

"baby blues"

"baby blues"

"Can I get my fucking face back, shorty? Damn," Juwan jokingly voiced.
"I can't help it," I smiled wider than before, continuing to caress his face and neck. "You're so handsome, baby boy."

He tried to resist blushing, but it was to no avail. Such a sight prompted my smile to remain stuck onto my face.

We were at dinner, at a nice little restaurant that Keisha told me about. Smooth jazz softly played throughout the building while other couples and groups enjoyed their meals and partook in their own conversations. There was even an area closer to where the band was housed, where people could dance.

I eyeballed the area as soon as we walked in, yearning to dance with him. However, once we sat down, my eyes were on him and only him. He'd gotten a subtle hair cut before I was tasked with braiding patterns into his head, a couple of hours ago. He was wearing the new watch I bought him, the material gleaming just as his eyes were in the romantic lighting. I could almost feel the abundance of animated hearts flowing out of me and floating around us. I wouldn't be surprised if he could see the hearts in my eyes either. I was living in a dream world just looking at him. Nothing could ruin my mood so long as the disheartening news I received less than a week ago remained in the back of my mind.

It was subtly creeping up on me though, seeing as though I kept thinking about how beautiful our babies would be. His skin tone, my eyes, his nose, my lips, his heart, and my humor. It was the perfect union.

I thought about how disappointed he'd be once I broke the news to him. I mean— we could always adopt, and I'm sure it would be the same. He'd make a good father— he'd be the best. . . As for me— I'd do my best.

"I can't wait until we get home," I finally withdrew my hand from him, placing it in my lap as I watched him continue to eat.
"Knowing you, you probably got somethin' planned," he smirked.
"Of course I do," I smiled broadly, my cheek continuing to rest in the palm of my left hand. "It's gonna be so romantic."

I was giddy at the thought of running him a bath with rose petals. I couldn't wait to see his face once the champagne and the flowers were set up. I've also bought new lingerie, and it wasn't my usual style, so I was looking forward to seeing his reaction to it. I was also planning on giving him the massage of his life too. It was his birthday, and I wanted to do whatever I could to make him feel special.

Not a lot of people were able to see the age of twenty-five, unfortunately, so the fact that he has is definitely something worth celebrating.

My food finally arrived, and my attention was averted from him and toward my plate. After a few moments of eating, I asked him how his week was. He explained that it was simply "a'ight" and that he spent the entire week looking forward to tonight.

It wasn't often that we had date night, so I knew that he'd appreciate one for his birthday. Ever since I moved in, we've been homebodies. After all, we always found ways to make even the most boring things enjoyable.