Ch. 3: Just wait

"Ugh! All the guy thinks about is food and himself."

Misty mumbled. She was on her way back home. She wanted to catch Ash after lunch break but he was gone and he didn't attend any of the next periods. Of course, she could ask Gary about him, but, God, he was so handsome. He made her really nervous.

A car honk made her jump up. She turned around and noticed a car pulling over right beside her. Her face turned red when she recognized Gary's car.

She stared as he rolled down the window. Misty smiled instantly when she saw him.

"Eh, Ash asked me to give you this." Her smile faded when Gary gave her the notebook she's given Ash.

"Uhm, okay... thanks." The disappointment. "He was supposed to get some work done before giving it back but anyway."

"Humm..." Gary tapped the steering wheel and looked in front of him. He then turned toward her. "We're neighbors so I can take it back to him again."

"Oh, can you show me where he lives? I honestly need to talk to him." Misty's heart was fluttering. Gary was Ash's neighbor. She just got a perfect excuse to stalk her crush.

"I'm going home so I can drop you off."

Misty let a screech (mentally). "Oh, thanks. That's really nice."

Gary opened the front car door for her and she got inside. His car smelled like aftershave.

"Sorry about the wraps. You can throw them in the back." He gestured to the fast food wraps by her feet.

"It's fine."

"If you're lucky enough, he's home." Gary took off.

Of course, Misty wanted to keep up a conversation. "Who did you got paired up with for Communication project?"

"Melody." He shrugged. "She suggested it. She said she'll do all the work."

Misty knew Melody had a huge crush on Gary, so this wasn't surprising. But Misty's crush was bigger than Melody's, so Misty was convinced she deserved him more. "She's good."

"So, this means you and Ash are together?"

"We are."

"Oh, damn, he's lucky. You're so damn good at school."

Misty chuckled nervously. "It's not really that."

"He's got luck." Gary was looking in front of him. "Anyone would have wanted to be paired up with you."

Would you? "Oh, well..." Misty tried to hide her brush with her hand.

He pulled over and switched off his car. The two got out and Gary locked his car. He walked up to his house gate and pointed to the one on the left. It was an elegant villa painted white.

"That's Ash's house."

"Thank you, Gary." Misty was fangirling. They literally lived next to each other. The fence separated their villas.

"You're welcome, Misty. I'll go now."

Now to the worst part. Misty opened the gate and got inside. She instantly noticed the garden. It was beautiful and well taken care of.

She headed to the main door and rang the doorbell several times. "Get your fat butt off of that couch and talk to me face to face, Ketchum!"

The door swung open. It was Ash who opened it. The shock was written all over his face upon seeing the redhead and he indeed looked like he was lying down on the couch with his clothes all wrinkled.

"What are you doing here?" Ash kept pulling down at his shirt and straightening his shorts. It was the first time Misty would see his somewhat toned and tanned legs but that wasn't the main subject at the moment.

"You need to take this back and actually work." Misty handed him the notebook.

"It's due in two months! You're such a freak and you should leave me alone!"

"Watch your mouth, crooked teeth!" His teeth weren't crooked but it was all Misty could come up with.

"Stop following me around, stalker! Scrawny redhead with no soul!" Ash was really mad, that's for sure.

"What's the yelling about, Ash?" An older beautiful woman with very fair skin and auburn hair showed up from behind him. "And who's this lovely girl?"

Ash rolled his eyes and looked away. Flattered, Misty said, "I'm his classmate. We're working together."

"I'm Ash's mother! Nice to meet you!" She waved at her. "Ash! Why are you leaving her at the door?" She scolded as she opened the door wider. "Get in!"

"No, she has to go." Ash shot Misty a glare.

She smirked. "No, I don't."

Misty slightly shoved Ash out of the way and got inside, following after his mother. Honestly, she only did this to get on his nerves. And plus, she's heard Gary came to his house often. She could see him again!

Ash cursed under his breath and slammed the main door of his house shut.

"Just wait, Williams! Just wait."