Ch. 12: Run Misty run

Misty was hysteric.

She was tired of finding these notes on her locker. How come students even had time to write such things and stuck them on her locker? She was really tired of these dirty games. It was so childish it hurt her head.

After she snatched off the freshly stuck notes from her locker, she grabbed her book and shut it close. It was when she noticed Ash's locker and the huge pile of notes stuck on it.

She walked over slowly to it and started reading:

Ash likes them redheads

ME YOU BED NOW

F*ck f*ck f*ck

Redheads do it better!!

Small a$$ small boobs

Thigh gaps oh yeah

Use Protection ok

HE LIKES THEM THIN

Uh ah aaaah uh ah OH MY GOD

Don't squish her ok

She thought the last one was ridiculous. Misty snatched the notes off Ash's locker and ripped them. Several students walking down the hallway gave her weird looks. There were some nasty words written on his locker with a lipstick so she took out a napkin and started wiping them off.

"They keep sticking notes. It's annoying."

Misty turned around. It was Leaf. "It was a permanent pen yesterday. Gary and I used the bleach on it. It was something like too fat for her. It's really low."

Misty frowned. "Oh..."

"Look, let's talk woman to woman, okay?" Leaf snatched Misty's hand from the locker and nodded. "First, I don't effing get you, Misty."

"Huh?"

The brunette snapped. "Why did you tell Gary you like him? I thought you like Ash."

Misty gasped. "What?"

"Hey Leaf, class is starting soon." Misty shot Gary as glare right when he joined Leaf's side. "Let's go."

"Okay-HEY!"

"MISTY!"

Leaf let a scream when Misty grabbed Gary by the collar and pushed him hard against the locker. Everyone was staring.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"WHY DID YOU TELL ASH THAT?" She shouted. "I TOLD YOU TO KEEP IT A SECRET YOU A**HOLE!"

Leaf screamed again. "STOP IT!"

Gary could easily shove Misty away and hurt her, but he didn't. "He's my friend! I tell him when it's about him!"

He finally pulled Misty away from him. "He's my friend! He deserves to know!"

"You are completely clueless!" Misty shouted back, her eyes getting teary. "You have no idea! I was trying to move on from him! I was lost! I didn't know what to do!"

She suddenly bent down and buried her face onto her knees. Leaf and Gary watched her, not sure what to do.

"Misty?"

"I'm an idiot! I shouldn't have made that stupid call! It ruined everything! Now he thinks I like you!"

"Misty?"

She looked up. "But I did it for myself! I said that for myself! It was to convince myself!"

"Misty! We don't get what you're saying!"

She got up and started shouting. "Do I even get my own self anymore? No! Even since this stupid tanned Ketchum from the Orange Archipelago was paired up with me for that stupid Com project I don't get myself anymore! He likes them thin! She likes them exotic! You should use protection! I don't get what this bullshit is!"

Misty's screams were really attracting unwanted attention. Leaf felt uneasy but Gary didn't care. "Why did you tell-"

"I don't know!" She swung her school bag over her shoulder and started running in the hallway.

Gary shouted, "Where are you going?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

Misty soon disappeared. Gary and Leaf looked at each other. "What did happen exactly?"

"I don't know, but I have a feeling she's heading toward Ash's house and something is going to explode."

Leaf nodded. "She's an idiot and he reacts without thinking."

It was at the school entrance that Misty got Reese's call to tell her if she could pay Ash a visit after school.

"I'm coming right now!"

Right now? But school-

"I'm coming!"

She ran.