Ch. 8: Sorry not sorry

Ash was making his way to his Golf Seven parked in front of his house when he noticed Gary standing outside near their gate, talking to Leaf and apparently making her laugh, since she was giggling.

"Hey fellas," Ash said as he unlocked his car and dumped his bag in the front seat. Gary and Leaf instantly looked at him.

"Oh, look who finally decided to leave the house."

Ash faked to be hurt by the sunrays. "Oh, it's so bright."

"No really, why did you skip Monday and Tuesday?"

"No specific reason." He unlocked his car and walked up to his two friends. He saluted Gary and kissed Leaf on the cheek. "Anyway, I don't think I missed something important."

"Like usual."

"But come on, tell me." Leaf brushed her hair behind her ear. "What's your story with Misty Williams, Ash?"

Gary chuckled and looked away. Ash blinked. "Story?"

"I've heaaaaard..." She tilted her head.

"Yeah?"

Leaf licked her lips. "Is it true that she's been visiting you a lot?"

"A lot? Please." Ash walked back to his car. "Don't tell me this rumor involves sex. I'd laugh."

Gary chuckled again. He told Leaf, "I told you it's not true. Anyway, if Ash f*cks a girl, I'd be the first to know."

"Guys, quit talking about my nonexistent sex life in the street. It's disturbing." Ash opened the car door.

"Is it just me or Ash smells really good today and is dressed up better than usual?"

Ash smiled in response at his female best friend and hopped in his car; shouting, "Bye!"

"He's wearing clothes he's never worn before! It's a date."

"Nah, Ash would tell me if he goes on a date."

"Even if it's Misty?"

Gary blinked. "Huh?"

-

When Ash called her and asked her if she'd like him to pick her up from school, Misty instantly declined. Not only because she was scared of May and Dawn teasing her forever for hopping in Ash's car, but also because she wasn't exactly dressed 'decently' for the occasion, and she thought she should really go home fix her makeup and put on some good tight skinny jeans.

She's actually gone past the 'why do I do this' stage; Misty's accepted that she just wanted and liked to look pretty in front of Ash Ketchum and that's it.

Almost an hour later (of course), Misty finally got to the mall. Ash has parked his car right beside the entrance, so as soon as Misty got off the cab, he got off his car and unlocked it.

"I'm sorry for taking so long!" Misty walked up to him. "I thought I'd find you inside. You stayed in the car the whole time?"

"Yeah, it's okay." Knowing Ash, Misty presumed he was used to sitting down hours doing... nothing.

"Alright, but anyway, sorry for taking too long." Misty smiled weakly. She adjusted her purse. "Shall we go?"

Ash gestured for her to go first. She gave a nod and both entered the mall.

"Excuse me? We'd like-"

The woman waved her hand and rushed away. Misty sighed. She turned around, looking at Ash who was standing against the showcase of a men clothing shop.

"They don't even want to talk!" This was probably the tenth person Misty tried to talk to and she gets ignored, or simply, they refuse to talk and be filmed.

"You're doing it wrong."

"Show me how you do it, then."

Ash smiled. He turned left and right and got off the showcase. A man walked past him but Ash didn't talk to him. When three girls were about to walk past him, he lifted up his hand.

"Excuse me, ladies?"

The three girls turned around. They giggled and looked at each other. "Yeah?"

"My friend and I are juniors working in a little project for school. It's for Com class." Ash walked up to them without really pointing to Misty. "If we ask you a few questions, would you like to answer and let us film you?"

The girls looked at each other again. Misty was just watching from her spot.

"Here, you can read the questions if you want." Ash handed them the interview questions. "And if it bothers you, we can film you without showing the faces."

"No! I want to be in the movie!" One of them giggled loudly. The others did the same. Ash smiled and took out the camera. "So, it's a deal?"

"Deal!" The girls even started to fix their hairs and adjust their purses. One of them said, "Hey, we don't have to answer in French or something of the sort, right?"

"You can answer in any language you want."

"That's cool!" They laughed. "But let's stick with English."

"Yes, that's better."

Misty was the whole time watching from her spot, not sure why she was feeling horrible.

Misty walked up to Ash as soon as he was finished. He's filmed each one of them and as they were doing so, two men stopped to ask what it was about and with them, they completed the five recommended by the teacher.

"This was actually easier than I thought it'd be," Ash told her.

"So, the solution is..." Misty bit her lip. "Be flirty?"

Ash laughed a little. "I'd not say that, but when you're a guy, maybe you should try with girls, and vice versa."

"Were you really serious?" The redhead gave him a look. "Like, you were, so..."

"Hum?"

"You gave the blonde your phone number."

"Yeah, I did." Ash swung his bag over his shoulder. "Anyway, I'm glad we got this stuff done."

Misty was just not feeling okay. Something was getting on her nerves. Why was Ash so... calm? "Me too."

"I'll take care of the montage. Is there anything else we need to get done?"

"No..." Misty brushed her hair behind her ear. The scene of Ash writing down his phone number for the blond girl wouldn't get off of her mind. What the hell? "Maybe..."

"Maybe what?" Ash glanced down at his phone. It seemed like he was getting ready to leave. "I can drive you home."

"Maybe we can have some coffee before we leave the mall." Misty felt her heart skip a beat. "Over there? The café looks nice."

Ash turned to where Misty pointed to. "Esmeralda Café?" He turned toward her. "Gary and I go there often."

"How's the hot chocolate?" Misty smiled.

"Really good."

"Shall we?"

Ash gestured to in front of him. "After you."