Ch. 4: Go away

It was hard to believe Delia and Ash were related. She was incredibly nice and has offered Misty all kinds of delicious sweets and drinks. She was treating Ash like a little child, asking if he wanted to eat this or that. He was doing horribly at school and was annoying! Why was his mom overly nice to him?

"He's spoiled."

"Yeah. He's the youngest of four."

Misty pouted at her friends Dawn and May. They were having lunch together. "I'm the youngest of four too."

"He's the only boy. Everyone in his family spoils him." Dawn shrugged.

"Drew said his sisters treat him like a baby."

"That's unfair."

"When five people spoil you, you'll turn out the brat Ash is."

Misty groaned. "Why did I have to be paired up with a brat like him from all people?"

"Oh, well..."

"Speaking about the devil..."

Dawn pointed at something behind Misty. This latter turned around and her eyes widened in shock when she noticed Ash walking toward her.

"You." He got to their table and stood facing Misty.

"What's your problem again?"

"Don't come to my house, do you get it?" Ash placed the notebook she gave him on the table. "I did the work, so stop being a freak and leave me alone!"

"You're so rude! Screw you!" May and Dawn blinked as Misty yelled while Ash walked away from their table.

"He's really handsome! I love his tan! He just needs to lose a tiny bit of weight."

"But Misty doesn't like skinny men like you! She likes men who eat!" May giggled loudly.

Misty shot her friend a glare.

"Fine! We said nothing!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So, are you still sure you don't want to join the basketball team?"

Ash caught the ball but quickly threw it back to Gary. "With this stupid braces stuck on my teeth until next year, I'd rather not."

"The cheerleaders won't see them."

Ash blinked. He chuckled. "What the..."

"Maybe you're right. Drew always ends up sending the ball to the guys' faces when May is watching our game." Gary started dribbling. "I saw you this morning."

"Saw me?" Ash sat down on the grass. He and Gary were on at the basketball court of Gary's house on the backyard. It was a Saturday and they always enjoyed some basketball on the weekends.

"You went to see Williams." Gary shot the basket.

"Yeah. I gave her back her stupid damned cursed book."

"Even though she's flat chested, I think she's hot."

"What?" Ash chuckled.

"Come on, Ash. Don't act like you're innocent and all the other shit because you're not. You share porn on Google Drive for us."

"Paul says my Wifi is the fastest." Ash shrugged his shoulders and lay down on the ground. Gary grabbed the ball and sat by his side with the basketball between the hands.

"Back to Misty." Gary put the ball aside. "She's cute."

Ash narrowed his eyes. "She's got freckles and pimples all over. She'll look horrible without the makeup."