Ch. 9: Gary NOT Ash

Misty let a loud sigh as she flopped into her bed. She kicked her feet in the air as she thought deeply about her day.

Ash knew the café very well so he also knew the best spots. He led Misty inside to a sofa in the corner, and she could already see him and Gary there drinking café and taking about their manly guys' topics.

"Do you like the spot?"

"Yes, I do."

Ash smiled. He sat beside the redhead and lifted his hand up, calling for the waiter. This later came up to them instantly.

"Ash! Good to see you. Where is Gary? I see you came with wifey this time."

Misty kept running her hand through her hair, faking not having heard him. Ash chuckled. "Get us the menus and quit the bad jokes."

"Fine! I'm sorry. I forgot you had a redhead sister."

"What a jerk." Ash mumbled to himself as the waiter walked away. He looked at Misty. "People can't get the friendship concept through their heads."

If Ash has said that days ago, Misty would have gotten really angry. Today, she got angry too, but for other reasons. She wasn't sure why she was so mad that Ash friendzoned her—but wait, he also implied she was his friend, and Misty was barely Ash's friend.

Honestly, Misty wasn't exactly sure what Ash was to her. But she was sure of one thing: she wasn't okay with being his friend. What did she exactly want? She wasn't sure. No, wait, she wasn't ready yet to admit what she was waiting from Ash exactly. Her emotions and feelings were so mixed up and Ash looked so handsome and smelled like citrus today she was completely lost.

And suddenly, she thinks the fact that he was an Orange Archipelago native is really making him sexy (his mom is from Pallet town. It's like sweet and rough. Just perfect) His skin was sunkissed and you could mistake him for a sexy cocktail bar waiter in a small island with his filled out body. What is this bullsh*t Misty will never know.

Oh, of course, Ash had to ruin Misty's fantasies. Life was unfair, after all.

"I think I will take some lemon crème pastry." Misty brushed her hair behind her ear and asked Ash, "What are you taking?"

"Oh, just some coffee." She usually sees Ash drinking café crème at school.

"That's all?"

He smiled weakly. "I'm on a diet, that's why."

End of fantasies.

Misty thought it'd be a loss if he loses all what she's been starting to consider as sexiness, but hey, it wasn't her body. Misty goes on diets too when she feels like she has to.

... but it will probably take her one hundred pounds of chocolate ice cream to get over the fact that she was the one who called him fatso.

Anyway, back to the little 'date'.

"Oh, really?"

"It should be done now and then."

Misty nodded slowly and licked her lips. "Honestly, I don't think you need to do that."

"I get that from everyone."

"I'm not-"

"It's fine, I get it. Plus, I feel better this way. I think of it like a lifestyle."

"Oh, if you say so." Misty felt something crumble down inside her.

Eric was back and took their orders. Misty thought Ash would change his mind but he still ordered the espresso only. It was really weird to see the guy who keeps eating in class for two hours straight say he was considering a diet like a lifestyle.