Chapter 9

Cho-Cho was shocked, overwhelmed, and angry at the same time. Her face turned red. "No he doesn't... HE DOESN'T!!" She got up from the seat she was sitting and bolted to the park.

Her darkened eyes went back to normal. She just realized. She just ruined the chances of her dear cousin and best friend together. Then, Boruto walked inside. They locked eyes. No explanation was needed. In 10 minutes flat, they had arrived at the park, hidden in a bush.

❤❤❤

Cho-Cho was beyond depressed. She didn't just like Shikadai. She loved him. She always thought of him unconsciously, and when she realized what she was doing, she mentally slapped herself for thinking about him. He was just that annoying thing that she hated yet loved to think about. She sighed. She thought about when she first met Shikadai.

"You're fat!"

"You're ugly!"

"You're parents probably wish that you never born!"

Five-year-old Cho-Cho was in a fetal position, with older sixteen-year-old girls surrounding her. Sarada wasn't there, because she at home, sick. The bullies took advantage of that. She then heard a shing sound. She looked up to see the leader of the girls holding a kunai knife.

"Guess I'll do your parents a favor."

She raised the knife.

Cho-Cho waited silently to die. It was the only thing she was good for. Sacrifice.

Nothing happened.

She looked up yet again to see the girls frozen in place. Their hands were up. Cho-Cho saw two figures in the shadows. One was much smaller than the other. The larger shadow began to move.

"You girls are extremely troublesome. Don't you have anything better to do instead of torture an innocent girl who didn't do anything? Shikadai, unbind the jutsu."

The smaller shadow stepped out. He looked exactly like the larger man, with black hair in a ponytail and a Nara clan symbol on his jacket's shoulder and a tired expression. However, his eyes were beautiful green eyes that she would get lost in during the near future.

The girls ran away, leaving her and the two strangers alone. The younger one, Shikadai, ran up to her. "Are you okay??" He held his hand to her. She was hesitant at first, but then accepted it. His hand's warmth clashed against the cold of hers. He helped her up and turned to the older man, who she assumed was Shikadai's father. Then it dawned on her. "I've seen you in my house talking to my papa before!"

The man chuckled. "So you are Karui and Choji's daughter. My name is Shikamaru Nara. The boy you're holding hands with is my son, Shikadai. "

The two children blushed and let go quickly.

Shikamaru held Shikadai and Cho-Cho's hand and walked to her home, where she was greeted by her parents. Shikamaru explained what had happened, while Shikadai and Cho-Cho played in her backyard. The next day, she was taught how to use Expansion jutsus by her father.