Dreadful Monday 1

" In conclusion, the Alteans and the Galra's rivalry and greed blinded them from their nearing end. They destroyed each other with no mercy, and that caused their extinction. Neither of the two races survived, not officially at least. They existed for thousands of years, human beings could once be born with blue or purple skin. That would have been so cool." Lance finished his last part of the presentation, smiling at the class, especially at Hunk and Pidge who were excitedly agreeing with him.

" ... And I personally believe if that were to ever happen again between two races from our time, the right solution is to put their personal goals aside and work toward a common one. The right thing to do is to treat each other like the human beings we all are. It's the only way to save the races and their lands."
Keith finished the last part. He looked down at the papers shaking in his hand.

He hated standing in front of the class.

The two boys hadn't texted nor talked since Saturday night's beating threats. They'd started the presentation with bitterness and anger in their voices but gradually calmed down and did a good job. Both were impressed to say the least with how the other's part of the project turned out.

" Well that was unexpected! " Mr. Coran said from his seat.
" You two make wonders together! I knew pairing up the two most unlikely to get along would amount to something special!" He'd made sure to flaunt his pairing skills some more before other people presented their projects.

Lance was cheering when Pidge and her partner, a genius guy named Slav, spoke about the growth of the LGBT community over the course of history.

Keith sat at the end of the classroom, looking down at his table. He was carving meaningless shapes on its surface with a pocket knife he hid in his sleeve.

Lance smiled wide as Hunk and Shay, the big guy's girlfriend, talked about the obvious development in the relationship between children and their parents, remembering his own loving parents.

Keith carved a lot deeper and the knife made a hissing noise that caused heads to turn.

His eyes were wide as Mr. Coran stood above him, holding Keith's arm out and taking the pocket knife, muttering something along the lines of " not allowed in school " and " you will retrieve it from the principle's office."

Meanwhile, in Keith's head, alarms were blaring and his eyes never lost sight of his confiscated property that rested on the desk.

But Lance, Lance was staring with narrowed eyes, fists clenching and he made sure the dark haired boy saw him.

Lunch bell. Quickly, Keith took his backpack and put his hood on. He swallowed hard as his body meshed with the numerous students walking out of the class at once. He hated physical contact.

His breathing was too fast for his lungs to keep up. He thought about where to go for a second before he pushed the boys' bathroom door open. Since the place is cleaned every morning, he had no problem throwing himself in a corner and leaning his head on his knees. It smelled like floor cleaner and the tiles were cold against his body. But he still felt more at peace than outside.

The door was pushed open so hard it hit the white wall. Keith jumped at the sound, and before he could even utter a word, Lance had pulled his body up and slammed him against the wall, cornering him.

Author's note

Sh*t's about to go downnnn omg so sorry my babies.