Temptation Friday

( Answer the question at the bottom of the page please.)

Head moving left and right, leg bopping up and down, Lance held one side of his Beats and hummed along his favorite songs while eating breakfast.

" Honey?" He vaguely hears his mother calling from upstairs. She had been waking his three brothers and sister so they wouldn't be late for work.

" Yes, Ma!" He answered, removing his headphones as she came down the stairs.

" What time is your game again?" 

He swallowed his cereal and looked up at the petite middle aged woman.

" At 5," he said, "I'm excited you're all going this time."

Mrs. McClain leans in to kiss the top of her son's head, ruffling his hair after.

" Oh of course, Lance. It's the biggest game of the season. Hope luck's on your side."

" Oh, you can count on it." He assured.
Lance, despite his usually bubbly attitude, was feeling more and more constricted by his surroundings. He sought a change he didn't even understand. He didn't quite know how to explain it yet.

That was why, when his father offered to drive him this morning, he casually told him he'd use his mother's car to drive himself. His conscience, however, couldn't leave without giving his parents a hug and reminding them of the game.

At full speed and maximum volume music, Lance felt somewhat satisfied of his first actions of the day. He already felt a little better.

Pushing the school doors open, he was quick to spot Natalie in the pool of faces.  He couldn't help but smile at the way she talked, so animatedly, with hand gestures and excessive face expressions. He thought it was cute, especially with her long blond hair swaying at her sides.

The moment she spotted him, her face lit up and her lips twisted upward, showing bright sharp teeth.

" Morning, you." She slurred flirtatiously, the guys around her dispersing in disappointment.

" Good morning, beautiful." Lance smiled, a hint of a smirk showing as well. " Have you seen Hunk and Pidge?"

" Nope! But a little bird told me you skipped class yesterday for a reason. Anything interesting happen?"

" Uh.." Lance shrugged, smiling awkwardly, "Not really."

Natalie grabbed his hand and walked him to an empty corner. Pushing him against the wall, her hands brushed his cheek down to his jaw line. Lance felt his heart pounding in his chest, about to burst out.

This is happening! He thought, holding her waist. She closed the gap between them, placing a chaste kiss on his jaw.

" Tonight's the game," she whispered in his ear, nibbling on it.

" Uh huh.." Lance could only grab her and try to maintain his breathing.

" You deserve to score the winning goal. You deserve to be the star." She continued.

" I.. You think so?"

" I know so. I think it's time to get rid of the competition." She purred, playing with the hair on the back of his neck. Lance almost melted.

" Mmhm.. What do you mean?"  He twirled a lock of her hair around his finger.

" Keith. The only way to get the spotlight is to get rid of him. Aren't you tired of living in his shadow when you know you're the better player? You can stall him in the changing rooms before the game, then lock him in there. Problem solved, your name is being chanted by the crowd." She cheered excitedly, holding eye contact but leaving his body a few seconds later.

Lance, lost in his own thoughts, his heating body and his crush dragging him to where Roland and his gang stood, agreed to the plan.

Author's note

Baby Lance.

Before you judge, think of the psychological reasons lol.

What did you think guys?

Chapter dedicated to mari_is_a_pancake for voting on every chapter! That means a lot to me and I hope you really enjoy this story! Tell me your thoughts on it babe.

Okay, you caught me. I'm in the university cafeteria again. My friends talking over my shoulders left and right and all around me and I'm WRITING BECAUSE YEAH.

Voteeee babies!

And I have a question : do you want me to name the chapters like this or after weekdays? Idk I feel like weekdays can get confusing. PLEASE ANSWER THIS.