Dreadful Monday 3

Shiro's fingers tapped on the desk rhythmically. Facing him was a scratched up boy with a black eye to decorate his face. His tanned arms lay on his lap as he sat in the awkward silence.

In the chair beside his was the infamous Keith Kogane in a shredded red hoodie with a busted lip. His arms tightly crossed, he waited for the third scolding session of the day, although he was sure nobody could do a better job than their principle did earlier. She'd given them detention for the next two weeks.

" Is Senior year going to be a repeat of the 9th grade?" Shiro asked calmly.

" It won't happen again." Lance was quick to say, leaning forward.

Keith bit the inside of his cheek, side glancing Lance. He huffed. His leather boots tapping repeatedly on the carpeted floor as his leg vibrated up and down.

" I thought we left the basketball rivalry in the past. What could possibly have triggered you this time?" The older guy asked, genuinely concerned and aiming to help the two star players of his team get along.

Lance took a few seconds to answer, then jabbed his thumb at Keith." Don't look at me, this nut job brought a knife to stab me! I did what I had to do." 

Shiro opened a drawer and slowly took out a pocket knife with a purple signature on the handle. " You mean this pocket knife?"

" Yes!" Lance threw his arms up, " it was about to be a murder weapon!" He eyed Keith in disgust.

" Shut up. You don't realize how ridiculous you sound." Keith said, his voice a little hoarse.

" Don't start," Shiro scolded the red hooded boy, " I told you numerous times to keep this thing at home."

Keith went to speak but Shiro raised his hand at him.
" Whether you brought if for the periviously stated reason or not, someone could have gotten hurt. You'll have it by the end of the day and you are to never think of bringing it back here."

Keith glared at Shiro, seeming like he had more things to say. But Shiro was glaring back with a hint of an emotion Lance couldn't pinpoint.

" Alright, I won't bring it here."

" Now hold on. Are you letting him off that easy? I'm not so comfortable with him walking out of this so easily." The blue eyed boy sassed.

" It's not like he really was going to stab you, Lance. I think he's learned his lesson; you both did. Two weeks detention seems just about fair. What else do you suggest?" Shiro sat back, sighing deeply.

" He could have used it! You didn't see what I saw. Bench him in the next game, have him apologize in public, call his parents!" Lance retorted in determination.

There was a visible shift in Shiro's mood. The silence left Lance's words lingering in the air as Shiro struggled to phrase a proper response.

When he was expecting to hear the assistant coach's voice, he instead received Keith's angry one.

" Can I leave now?!" He stood, as if giving permission to himself.

" You can go to class Keith. Tell the teacher you were with me." Shiro finally said when Keith opened the door.

Once it was closed, Lance fell under the scrutiny of deep dark eyes.

" Look," Shiro started, standing up, " I'm not trying to win your sympathy or anything, but try not to mention the subject of parents to Keith. He doesn't have any."

Lance's eyes widened slightly, taking in the new fact that seemed impossible. Keith always had everything. The careless attitude, the grades, the team captain position. It didn't seem normal to find out that someone you thought had everything didn't have the most essential thing in life: Family. It was almost... unfair.

" I uh, I didn't know that." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

" Nobody knows. I'm just asking you for your sake and for his, don't take this any further. This has got to end between you two. After the ninth grade incident, you've kept arguing and the team went in a downward spiral. I expect more from you, Lance. I hate to say it, but one more strike and both of you will be expelled, Principle's words."

" I understand." Lance looked down at his lap, his hands tightly wrapped together.

Author's note

Here we get to see a little more into their personalities and every little physical movement has a deeper meaning. For instance, Keith's leg shaking could mean that he's anxious. So yeah, I won't spoon feed you, you probably analyze the sh*t out of your fave character's movements already lol.

Stay safeee & stay in school.

Also, stay safe in school ._.