Weekend Getaway

( Spammm with those comments!)
What do you think will happen at Woodland Paradise? :D

***********

" Shiro!" Keith shouted, flinging the door open and his voice resonated back to him in the big old house.

On this Friday afternoon, Keith felt conflicted and needed someone to talk to immediately.
He left the bag of groceries to lie on the wooden floor and climbed the stairs two steps at once.

He yelled the name so close to his heart again, and again.

Opening a door that led to the assistant coach's room, he saw the bulky guy on the carpet, appearing to have fallen from the bed.

" WHAT? You scared the soul out of me! You know what that means? I died for half a second!" The brotherly figure spat, looking up at Keith, all the while examining if something were wrong with him.

" I need to tell you something." Keith blurted out, running his hand into his sweaty dark locks.

" Please don't tell me you were banned from the grocery store. I'm friends with the owner!" Shiro was now in full standing position, ready to probably tackle Keith and slap some sense into him.

He knew it was hard for the teenager sometimes to want things he couldn't have. However, Shiro was the only breadwinner of the house and he was doing all he could to keep the house and still afford the necessities for Keith and himself. But for him, morals and good values came first.

" No, that was a one-time thing. " The smaller boy replied nervously, which made Shiro glare at him.

" It's Lance. He invited me to spend the weekend with his family at Woodland." He continued.

" Oh, that's really nice of him."

" I don't think I can go."

" Then don't?"

" I already agreed."

" Then go."

" I can't!"

" What do you want me to do??"

Keith yelled incoherent words, kicking the door.

" What did that door ever do to you? You abuse it everyday." Shiro rolled his eyes, walking over to him and pulling him to sit on the bed. He kneeled in front of him because being in this position always seemed to relax him. He could only see Shiro's face and focus his gaze on his soothing eyes.

" Do you trust me?" He asked.

The boy nodded.

" I know Lance. He's been here three times, you watch movies and discuss things you both love. I see you with him every day at school. You have lunch with him, you sit with him in class. You did projects with him; and now the only problem I face at practice is you passing the ball too much to him. I saw you grow from competing idiots who have potential to get along, to great friends who have potential to, well, uh, do anything together."

Keith turned a little red, making Shiro chuckle.

" You were alone with him too many times to count and he did nothing harmful. He's a good boy who I've known for years. I saw him grow up even before I graduated from the Garrison.
I trust him." Shiro said loud and clear.

" Do you?" He asked the younger boy in front of him.

" Yeah. I think I do." Keith smiled at the newly deduced information. He trusted someone besides Shiro.

" Good. You go have fun- but not too much fun." Shiro laughed, standing up again.

" Shiro!"

" What? I mean like, save some time for studying." He smirked.

" You think you're smart." The boy in the hoodie stood up and headed to his room. He grabbed an empty bag from under the bed to start packing.

He didn't need to think about what to pack: black boxers, a couple of black shirts, a hoodie, a black PJ.

It almost felt bitter for him to pack because it reminded him of the days he moved from one foster house to another.

" And you think you're straight." He heard Shiro mutter as he passed his room.

Keith's eyes widened. He turned around to the doorframe where he sent daggers at the older guy.

The doorbell rang, interrupting their stare-down.

" I JOKE!" Shiro shouted, running down the stairs to get the door.

A few minutes passed and low mumbles were heard from downstairs- which made the boy's surprise that much bigger when a voice suddenly came from behind him.

" 'Sup Mullet? I'm here to help you pack."

Author's note

HOW BOUT KLANCE HUH?

Yayy this weekend getaway is finally happening. I've been wanting to write it for a while. So many things are gonna happen out there, if you couldn't guess already. It's gonna be awesome!

Chapter dedicated to GuenRaisor for voting and reading and making me feel all worthy and stuff. Thank you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and read till the end!

I got more stories and a poetry book coming. This account is about to get DEEEP.

But I love this story so much and it means a lot to me that it has more than 1K reads! Thank you for reading!

Please tell me what you think
Hope you enjoyed!

More coming your way ;)