Chapter Twelve

Part Two: Plan A Always Needs a Plan B

Two Weeks Later

Thalia had stopped talking to me. I only visited them at times, either to tell them when breakfast, lunch, and dinner were ready, or to just talk.
And something had changed in me. I had come to realize this was my life now, and I'd have to deal with this.

I could feel my brain tugging at the thought. I knew deep down that my body was fighting for something, but I couldn't explain the feeling. I had cried every night, thinking about my parents. It still occurred to me that Jason was slowly isolating me from the girls. He still came in there, because after all, he said, they were still his clouds... And that he didn't want them floating away.

I knew Jason was ready to do something to me. It was hard swallowing that fact. He kissed me more passionately than ever each day.

I turned over, the sheets twisting my legs. I pulled the alarm clock closer to my face. The blurred red had finally came into view. It was five thirty, so I woke up to early. I turn around to Jason, his mouth dripping with drool, dropping onto the pillow. He quietly snored, his hair like a rat's nest.

Gross, I thought.

Flipping the bed sheets slowly, exposing my legs, I made my way towards the door. Jason had warned me never to explore the house. But I had to. I was tempted.

I twisted the doorknob slowly, its creaking increasing each twist.

Like a bandaid, I thought. Rip it off like a bandaid.

I pulled the door open. The creaking was loud. Jason twisted into a different position, scaring the crap out of me. I watched as he continued to snore. All of a sudden, I got this temporary hope inside me.

The word escape echoed through my brain.

I walked through the kitchen, looking at any windows to open. I walked over to the sliding back door, being as quiet as I could. I jiggled the knob, trying to pry the door open. Locked.

Each minute passed by as I discovered each window was locked. Every door, every opening, locked. I looked out each window, trying to see something. Anything. But I come to find that we were surrounded in woods. Immediately I was so focused to get out, I thought of something to break the windows. Steal bars covered over each of them, but I just had a feeling I could do something...

No, you can't. Just let it be. You're gone.

I cried again. I ran my fingers through my tangled hair, brushing against my skull. My body had no posture. I just stood there, ready to collapse.
That's when I heard footsteps.

"Alana?" someone asked. My body froze in place. I turned quick, scanning the area of the voice. (A/N: As you may know, I changed Alana's fake name)

Jason.

"What are you doing out here?" He hissed.

"I was trying to-" Lie, Alana. Please.

"Trying to what?" he asked.

"I was really hungry, so I was trying to see what was in the fridge," I lied, guiding my hand towards it.

He wasn't buying it.

"Did you explore the house?" he questioned. The angry voice he used made me tense.

"No- No, I did not."

"Don't lie to me."

I looked at him.

"Tell me the truth," he pleaded.

Don't Alana.

"Yes... Yes, I did explore! Please, don't hurt me," I begged.

He grabbed me by the arm, pulling me into the bedroom. I screamed and yelled. I thrashed at his force, but his grip was so strong. He flung me onto the bed.

"Stay there, or your punishment won't be as harsh!" he screamed. I started crying. He left the room, coming back minutes later. I stayed put, wiping tears and sniffling. He brought rope.

Oh my God.

"This," he said, grabbing my left wrist,"Will teach you to be a good girl."

I love you Mom, and you too Dad. I won't ever forget you. No matter what.

----

Lets just say I did not want to do a R scene. Sorry for any of you weird minded people that wanted that.

-Téa

Thank you SOOOO much for 1.6k reads!