Chapter Eighteen

"What told you about our deaths?" I asked Ella, holding in my tears.

"Some woman. She appeared on the second day, telling me it was over. I- I hate it," Ella explained, locking eyes with me.

"Ella, it's okay. We can get out," I told her.

But was that really true?

I paced around the room, thinking of ideas. I pressed my hands against the cold wall, feeling for some bump or a hole on the other side of the drywall.
I went up and down, my fingers trailing the creases of the wall. No such luck.

"Alana, just stop already," Gabby commented,"It's no use."

"No use? Our lives are no use?" I asked.

"No, no. It's just-"

"I get it."

I slid back to the ground, resting my head against the wall.

"Is there anyway you could help us, Ella?" I asked impatiently.

"No. I can barely see anything. Visions, people, nothing."

I never understood mediums. Never had I believed in them either. But I had to believe in something. I so badly wanted to believe God was helping us, but I couldn't right now. I loved him, but I still did not know.

"I'm... I'm sorry," Ella blurted, covering her eyes. She sobbed, still sitting in the bathroom. All that was left on her wrists were scars.

"Ella, you didn't do anything wrong," I comforted her.

We sat there, in silence.

***

"Jason, could you pass me the salt, please?" I asked.

"Yes," he smiled, picking up the salt and handing it to me. I said thank you, and we continued chewing food.

"So, girls, did you do anything today?" Jason asked us.

I shook my head.

"Only some chatting and trying on clothing," Thalia explained. She was so lying, it was obvious. Ironically, she didn't tell Jason anything.

"Ah, how do you like the new clothes? They're from Kelly Labomme's newest line of ladies' attire," He replied, taking a sip of his water.

My dad used to buy me her clothing, I reminded myself.

I dropped my fork. I was so done. Done with it all. Everyone looked at me, curiosity in their eyes.

"May I leave?" I stood, looking at Jason. Tears still were threatening me.

Hold it together. Please.

"For what?" He asked.

"Bathroom," I pointed to the door.

"Manners," he said in a cold tone.

"May I use the restroom?"

"Yes."

God, that was horribly close. I ran down into the room. Ella, still allowed to stay down here, looked at me.

"Ella, we need to get out," I begged.

She sat up straight.

"We can't."

"How do you know? We could... we could figure out something!"

"Alana, stop it," Ella spoke softly.

"Stop what? Stop hope? Stop our lives?" I demanded.

"There's so much evil in here,"Ella whispered. She stared at the walls, moving her eyes to the ceiling.

"What?" I asked. I was beginning to become scared of Ella. What was she talking about?

"He's had more than five different girls in here. They're gone, and only one had escaped," Ella explained. She pointed at thin air and began to smile, like she was seeing something.

She was crazy, I realized.

"Ella, who was the girl?" I asked her. I didn't have much time before I'd have to go upstairs.

"The girl in front of me?"

I froze. There was no girl in front of her at all. I was to her left. I wanted to run out right now, but I had to stay focused.

"No," I shook,"The girl that escaped."

"Sophia Anderson," she looked at me.

I stood there, in fear. Then, I fell straight down on the ground.

My mom.

----

WOOOOO look what i did there ;)))

I feel proud of myself now amiright

Thanks for ten thousand reads! I love you guys so much :P

Gobstoppers and mediums that enjoy looking at walls,

Téa