Chapter Seventeen

Hey! So according to people, this is STILL a copy cat to the cellar. Funny how people judge by the first chapter, huh?

Well, thanks for everyone who has made it this far. Some of my readers are super-duper sweet and I absolutely love your positive comments. Thank you!

----------

Jason stood in the doorway, smiling.

"Girls, I felt as if something was wrong, so I came home," he said.

"Oh, nothing's wrong," I said. I glanced at Jenna, as she pressed the newspaper against her back. It stuck out just a little bit. I was beginning to shake.

"Jenna, what's that?"

"Nothing, sir- I mean, Jason," Jenna replied. I held my breath.

"Good morning Jason, have you been to work yet?" Gabby asked. I would have to thank her later. He looked towards her as he discussed what he had to do this morning. Jenna passed the newspaper to me as I slid it under the bed.

Jason had no idea that it was even gone. I wanted to look up into the beautiful blue sky and thank God for doing something. But I couldn't thank him now.

"Girls," he turned to us. I looked at the bed sheets still.

And Ella still looked at the wall.

"I want to take you outside, possibly soon? Maybe for a picnic?"He offered.

Something just seemed wrong about the whole thing.

Thalia clapped her hands together.

"Oh Jason! That'd be wonderful!" she cheered.

I wondered how Thalia was even still keeping the secret of the newspapers.

"Yeah," I tried smiling. Jenna looked up at him, smiling weakly.

"Alright, how about in a few days?" He asked us.

"I shrugged in agreement. Gabby nodded, and Jenna stood there.

"Ella!" he called to the bathroom. Her head looked towards him, her black eyes boring into him. He looked unfazed by it.

"Would you like to join us?" He asked politely.

She looked at him, saying nothing.

"She'd love to," I blurted. Ella turned to me, her cold gaze locked on my face. I glanced at her.

"Okay! Well girls, I'll see you later. Love you all," he smiled. Walking out, he shut the door.

"Jenna... we need to be more careful," I told her.

"I know, I should have been aware."

Thalia jumped off the top bunk.

"Yeah. You're lucky I haven't given you guys up," she said.

Was she not aware of the situation?

"Thalia," I snapped,"We are in this together, so shut the hell up."

Everyone was shocked at my response. I had never been to mean to anyone before, but this time anger was taking control. My true anger.

"Alana," Jenna said,"It's fine."

"No, it isn't!" I cried,"Do you not freaking realize we are stuck here!"

Nobody said anything.

"And Thalia!" I yelled,"You were my only friend. And look at us now! We're stuck in here, and all you care about is Jason!"

"That's not true," she crossed her arms.

"Yes, it is! We are stuck here, and you don't care!" I added.

"You don't understand," she whispered, her eyes forming tears.

"What do I not understand?!" I asked.

"My family is dead," she cried.

I felt guilt. I shouldn't of continued to conversation. I tried apologizing.

"I'm so-"

"No. You're not," she cut me off.

"Thalia, I had no idea," I pleaded.

"Save it," she snapped.

"I think I should go," I recommended. I made my way to the door, shaking the knob.

"It's locked," I said.

"Alana, Jason doesn't trust us that much," Gabby answered softly.

I said nothing. I went to the bathroom, kneeling down. I wondered how the girls used to bathroom- if they ever did at all.

"Ella, please talk to me."

She creepily turned to me and stared.

"We aren't leaving," she whispered.

"We can," I told her.

"I've already seen it, you know," She explained.

"What did you already see?" I asked.

"Our deaths."

I nodded, trying not to spill tears. Was she crazy? Or did she actually see it? I made my way to Jenna.

"Has Ella ever told you she's seen our deaths?" I whispered.

"Yeah. You never figured it out, did you..." Jenna asked.

"Figured out what?"

"She's partially a medium. Meaning she can see the future, only sometimes."

I wanted to drop my jaw. So it was true. She could see our deaths. I wanted to crawl into a dark hole and stay there forever. Far away from here.