Chapter 9

Divya's pov

"You will look beautiful in it" Step ma said to me...why was she being nice to me??

I don't know...

"Its late night, you better sleep Divya" she said, she offd the lights And when she left I fell asleep.

IN THE MORNING

"Divya dear get up!" somebody so sweetly said my name that I immediately got up to see who this nice person was....

I was kinda shocked to see it was my dad....

Hd called me dear, that means I have done something wrong... He...he wants to punish me??

I immediately jump out of bed and curl on to the walls on the other side if my room

"Sorry dad! Please don't punish me!" I said thinking what mistake have I done, that time it clicked to me.

Oh god! Did Sthuthi tell everything to dad??

"Why would I punish you dear?" he asked in a dearie voice.

"Because you are calling me dear, whenever you call me dear that means your angry with me" I said still moving away...

Shucks.... I just blurted out some crap...

"I won't hurt you dear, I'm sorry for what I have done before" he said.... Slight tears in his eyes.

"Please don't remember all those things dear, today is your engagement... So be happy....

He said and left.

My engagement! Should I start taking revenge on Tarun now itself? I guess...

I quickly took shower and wore my dress.. It was beautiful though.... If I was normally getting married then I would be the happiest person on earth, but now I guess intentions matter...

I Coombed my hair and was about to leave when Step Ma came inside. She looked at me in shock...

"You look beautiful Divya, but you need to wear jewelleries and all, come sit I'll make you ready" she said... Why is everyone being nice to me? I don't know... Probably because I'm going.

She made me sit on the chair facing the other side of the mirror. I don't know what she did, but then she made me look in the mirror.

The girl I see... Was definitely not me..

I had curly hair tied up with curls on my left and right flowing freely, with a beautiful hair ornament.

I had such thick blue and mint, eyeshadow. Had a choker on and big jhumkas with heavy bangles and a payal.

"You are so beautiful Divya" Step ma said me...

"Step mother why are you being so nice to me?" I asked her

"Because when I said you, my and Asha's past... I felt something. I felt like your innocent... I thought for so much time then realised that your the victim here... I made you suffer so much... You never got mother's love" she said with tears in her eyes.

"No please don't cry" I said and wiped her tears, that's when she hugged me and started crying.

"Your such a good soul... But because of your mother, I thought you were the bad one... I'm sorry divya. Can you ever forgive me??" she asked me breaking the hug.

"Of course I forgive you Step mother" I said her

"Call me Ma" she said

Oh my god....I never called anyone Ma before.

Tears were forming in my eyes. She wiped them

"No sona, don't cry please" she said and put my head on her lap.

She started stroking my head... This felt so nice... I never slept in anyone's lap till today.

"The engagement is in 20 minutes" she said me

"Hmm"

"Divya, I'm sorry I called you drama queen that time... But can you say me what actually happened?" she asked me softly.

"Ma leave that matter..." I said her

"How can I leave it Divya? Say what happened!" she says ina motherly voice

"I have panic attacks ma, but I'm used to it.. No worries." I said her smiling.

"What no worries? Do you know how dangerous panic attacks are? They need professional help Tanu..." she said, wait... Why did she call me Tanu?

"Ma why did you call me Tanu?" I asked her

"It slipped my tongue... Actually when you were small... I used to call you Tanvi" she said

"What??" I asked her

"Divya isn't your real name, the name your mother and father named you is Tanvi, but after that as I hated anything about my sister I changed your name to Divya" she said

Wow... Now I have 3 names... Great!

**************

Hey guys!!

How was the chap??

We have 104 reads! I'm getting so happy.. I don't know why. It's so nice.

It had like what 56 reads 2 days ago?

Also thank you so much seeshasadhana, for voting on my story... I hoped you like this story 😊😊😊

Anyways bye guys! Luv ya all.. Have a nice day

Peace ✌✌✌✌✌✌