Chapter 9

Natasha

MM - We've been texting for a month now. You have to know I'm not some creep, it'd just be nice to know what you actually look like.

I'm about to reply when a hand waves in front of my face, making me jump a bit.

"Hey. Are you listening Natasha?" John suddenly says loudly.

I look up from my phone to see an irritated looking John.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask cautiously.

"I said... Who are you chatting with that has you so giddy?" He repeats, clearly annoyed.

"Just a friend. I'm bored and we're both just watching The Prestige is all. What's gotten into you?" I ask, alarmed by his tone.

"Nothing... Nothing, just exhausted. Sorry babe..." He leans in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

He smells different and my intincts tell me to ask at least. I grab hold of his collar to stop him getting up.

"Why do I smell perfume?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

"Don't look at me like that! The bosses assistant was with him tonight and helped us. You think that low of me? While I'm out trying to give us a life and your here texting..." he snatches my phone to see it open on MMs.

"What? You look at me with suspicion, but your texting a "mystery man"! Are you seeing him?!" He yells in my face as I flinch back.

"He's just a friend. Never met him and nothing more then friendship. He knows I'm with you for heavans sake!" I tell him back, wary of how angry he is...

"Keep it that way." He says curtly before storming into our room.

I'm shaken by his out burst and how angry he was. I've never seen him so angry so fast before.

Looking down at my phone I see a couple messages from MM.

MM - I'm sorry if I over stepped anything. We dont have to send pictures.

MM - Please reply, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.

MM - I'm sorry Tash.

I decide to just call it a night. Perhaps a bit of distance is a good thing...