Chapter 14

Natasha

The next day, I thanked my brother, Brian, for letting me stay the night. I'd had multiple missed calls and texts from John. I decided I'm not dealing with it over the phone.

Arriving home to find it empty, a note on the fridge saying if I came home he was staying at a friends last night.

Sighing at the situation, I decide to go have a shower and relax before getting ready for work.

Getting dressed, I hear a ping on my phone and look to see Damon. It's kind of nice to have his real name now.

Damon - Hey, how are you feeling this morning?

Natasha - Hey, Im alright. Just getting ready for work. John stayed at a friends last night.

Damon - Well, you know if you ever need to talk I'm here. It was nice hearing your voice.

Natasha - lol You've heard my voice before, remember our first encounter.

Damon - In my defence I was drinking and that night isn't completely clear. Besides it's still nice to hear it again.

Natasha - Well it was nice to be able to talk to you too. I'm sorry it was a phone call of me sulking.

Damon - I'm always happy to be someone to talk to, if you need it. I'll always be there if you need me.

Natasha - Thank you Damon. That means a lot to me. I'm sorry but I have to go to work. I'll talk soon.

Damon - Be safe, bye Tash.