Chapter 22 "I dont know what you want"

"See you dude" Colby high fived Jake as he stepped out of the car, me hopping into the front. Colby and I hadn't spoke since the abandoned place. Not that I wanted to. There was no one I hated more than him. Although at times I found it hard to hate him. There's just something about Colby that makes you want to like him. Colby sped off from Jake's place, turning on his blinker as he turned a corner.

"I'm sorry for being such a dick today" Colby's face seemed blue. I can't believe he just apologised for the first time. I was glad, but still confused.

"Colby, I appreciate that but I'm just confused because everything seemed okay between us last night. We actually seemed to be getting along" I frowned, remembering the events of last night. I wished I could replay it, just to see us two acting like normal friends do.

"I know, I just- I do dumb shit when my friends are around. But when it's just us two, it's different" God there were so many questions I wanted to ask right now. Especially how it was different when it was just us two.

"How is it different?" I inspected my nails. Colby fixed his hair, not looking at me at all.

"I'm still trying to figure that out for myself" he mumbled. "I don't hate you though" he placed his hand on my thigh, smiling at me and looking me in the eye.

"Good to know" I dryly responded. I knew what he was doing, and this jerk game wasn't over yet. Although I've been going on about how much I wish it would stop and blah blah blah.

"Dang, my heart" Colby put his hand on his heart as if my words hurt him.

"What heart?" A smirk played on my lips, Colby nervously laughing and blushing.

"My big, lovable and kind heart" Colby playfully smiled.

"I'm not so sure that what you're saying is true" I licked my lips amusingly, watching him grow shy.

"You'll know one day, Rutherford. You'll experience it" he smirked, leaning back as he drove.

"Dream on" I patted his shoulder, realising we were flirting just now. How and what the fuck is going on? How can we go from hating eachother and apologising to flirting? It's a Colby and Briana kind of thing I'd say.

"Just wait, it'll happen" Colby pulled up to the house and got out, heading inside. Over and over in my head I replayed what Colby said to me. Was he suggesting that him and I would potentially date? Hmm, that sounds good to me. Ew no stop. Who would want his self centred little dick ass? Not me. You could pay me and I still wouldn't do it. Nope nope nope. Him and I don't work. Not as friends, not as lovers. I followed Colby in and went to my room to change into something more comfortable. My trusty over sized t-shirts and ankle socks. They were the most comfortable for me. After changing I went downstairs to see what Colby was doing. He was playing with the dogs and on his phone, until a notification on my Instagram popped up from him. He had tagged me in a photo. When I looked at it, it was a picture of me looking up at the building. When did he take that? I don't even remember looking up at it, but I'll take it as it is. The caption was,

'I can't decide if the building or her is prettier'

Now he was just trying to annoy me. He's messing with me hard. He makes me think that he despises me, yet he says things like this and flirts. Like come on, make your mind up Brock! I liked it but didn't comment of look at the comments because I'm not about to be attacked by crazy ass fans. I uploaded my own Instagram, making the caption,

'I can't tell if you hate me or love me and it's killing me'

I couldn't have made it anymore obvious than that that it was aimed at Colby. Maybe he'll see it and think about the caption and actually decide if he likes me or hates me. Even if he just says we're friends, I'll be happy. No doubt I'll be happy. I just need to know. Colby stood up from the far couch and came over and sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. I sat frozen, not knowing how to react. Instead I let the moment happen, and gently set my head on his.

"Briana, I don't know myself if I hate you or love you but I can tell you one thing" Colby sat up and made me look at him.

"Go ahead, I'm listening" I got myself comfortable.

"You're beautiful" his cheeks blushed red, my cheeks doing the same. I was smiling like crazy.

"Thank you Colby" I couldn't keep that stupid smile off of my face. He knew what he was doing to me and it just confused me more.

"You're welcome" he smiled back, placing his hand over mine. I bet he's messing around again. Maybe just for now. This was....intense. And I liked it.

A/N

ITS RUSHED BUT I WANTED TO GET THIS UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AHHH. anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'm just letting you know, Colby and Briana's weird relationship is going to get more confusing to the point of complete frustration 😂 maybe even you will get frustrated ☹️ but yes, we're making progress slowly :)