Chapter 41 "What if I drowned?"

My toe dipped into the cold sea, a squeal sounding from me. I had gave myself a chance to heat up after practicing the surfing and forgot how cold the water was.

"Come on, Briana!" Colby sat on his surf board, both legs dangling off the sides into the water, his hair in a wet mess. I braced myself for the cold water and just ran straight in, remembering what the instructor told us. Everything was going so frickin' good until Colby purposely made me lose my balance, a smug grin on his face.

"What the hell, I was doing so good!" I huffed. Colby was uncontrollably laughing, even the instructor was laughing. If he really wanted to mess around, let's see how he takes falling into the water. As he was doubled over laughing, I made my way to him and pushed his chest back into the water. His face was filled with horror as he hit the ice cold water, his eyes closing shut in preparation for the water to engulf his head and body.

"That isn't funny Bri, what if I drowned?" Colby joked, trying to seem so pissed off when in reality he didn't really care.

"What if I drowned?" I mocked him in a silly voice, a splash of water landing on top of me. Gosh, I really needed to get out of this water. Colby and I brought our surf boards back to the instructor and thanked him for teaching us. Colby and I got changed in a beach changing thing. I stood plaiting my wet and tangled hair in French plaits, Colby ringing out his water soaked wetsuit, folding it afterward.

"This was super fun" a smile crept onto my face as he looked up at me with his messy hair.

"Yeah, I'm glad we got to do this together" Colby chuckled.

"How about a walk along the beach and some fries?" I suggested.

"Sure thang" Colby held his fist in front of me as I tied the end of my hair with a hair tie. I fist bumped him, fixing my hair and making sure it looked along the lines of okay. Colby led the way to a food place, ordering fries for us to share. We then headed back to the beach and took our time walking along it, talking.

"What was the real reason for you to ask me to go somewhere today?" I asked him. Colby chewed on a fry, looking as if he was trying to think of a reason.

"You and I haven't really spent much time together alone. We usually insult each other and annoy the shit out of each other so, how about that change for a day" Colby explained. I nodded my head, getting some sort of understanding out of what he said, reaching for another fry. The air was filled with silence, nothing but the sound of kids playing in the sea and people talking in the distance.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" I had a feeling that he wasn't entirely being truthful. Something in the way he spoke made me believe so. Colby rolled up the sleeves of his black denim jacket, licking his lips.

"Dang it, no it's not" he turned to me.

"Huh?"

"Alright listen, I told you I loved you and I wanna make sure you realise that I do," he paused. "I want you to be mine, Briana. That's what I'm trying to say" his hands slowly slipped into mine, his hands like ice cubes against my palms. I couldn't believe this was happening. What the hell.

-Brennen's POV-

"Kylie, why couldn't you tell me sooner?!" I threw my arms in the air, placing them behind my head.

"Brennen if I could turn back time and change what I did then I would but you aren't so innocent either" Kylie's eyes filled with tears. We both fucked up. I flirted with a girl and she kissed a guy. That might not seem like much, but the fact that it happened hurt both of us. How could we do that to each other?

"I didn't fucking kiss a girl! God, you act like I've done worse" I tried to bite my lip in fear that I would go crazy on her.

"This isn't working and I'm tired of this" Kylie tried her best not to cry, digging her nails into her thighs.

"You're tired of me. Just admit it, Kyles, we all know anyway" I sat on the floor, my arms crossed on my knees.

"Brennen, I'm not fucking tired of you! You and I aren't working and I'm tired of trying to make this work" She threw her head back in anger.

"We would work if you didn't do that. We would work if we both hadn't of made mistakes"

"You seriously think you're some saint don't you? Forget it, you can't fix something that is already broken" she tried to leave but I took it upon myself to stop her. She was the one I loved and I wasn't going to let it end like this.

"I never said I was but please don't leave, we can try work this out" my hand was pressed on the door frame, stopping her from leaving.

"You started this argument, I wanted it to be talked out. Just admit that this is a toxic relationship and an end needs to be put to it" Kylie pulled on the jacket she was wearing when she came. I let her leave, not wanting her to go crazy at me. It hurt so bad, but she wanted this. Right now I just needed Briana or Colby to talk to. But then I remembered they were on a date. Maybe I'll wait until Briana comes home. Until then, I need to take my mind off of what just happened.

A/N

I'm drowning in the work I have to do for my art class which means my weekend is gonna be spent working on my assignments. Funnnnn. I wanted to spruce up this chapter so why not add a little spice to the mix of happiness. Fuck, that sounded so YES. Idk what I'm doing anymore. I'll go home.