Chapter 36 "We're so extra"

-Briana's POV-

"We don't have costumes" I groaned, picking up some fries and shoving them into my mouth. Rachel and I were in McDonald's the day of the party, empty-handed from the store yesterday. We completely gave up yesterday. All of the devil costumes and the angel costumes were either way too sexy for our liking or they looked dumb.

"We have a couple hours until we have to get ready. We seriously need to think fast" Rachel sighed. She started to flick through Instagram, most likely checking out what other people were going as. I looked through my phone myself, when the greatest idea came to my head.

"How about we just put the costumes together ourselves? It can't be incredibly hard" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah, the clothing stores should have shit for what we're going for" Rachel stood up, me not being near enough finished my fries and milkshake. Typical Rachel, always dragging me out when I'm not done.

"Can I finish first?" My hand covered my mouth. I almost choked on a fry. That would not have been pleasant.

"Bring your food with you, we're on a mission boyyy!" Rachel grabbed our things and headed outside. I followed with my food, struggling to eat while carrying my phone and milkshake in the same hand. I'm a great multitasker. Try me. Rachel started the car and pulled away from the McDonald's, heading in the direction of the mall. I remembered that Brennen had said him and Colby were getting ready together tonight so, I was wondering if they were together right now since Brennen wouldn't pick up his phone. I started to text Colby, receiving immediate replies.

Rachel and I pulled into the mall parking lot, driving around for a while trying to find a parking space

"What the hell are people doing on the 27th? It's not even Halloween yet, geez" Rachel complained, turning the wheel as she turned a corner. Honestly, what were people doing? The mall is never this overloaded with people. Rachel at last found a parking space and parked, getting out of the car. We walked to H&M, it being our favourite store and a place with trendy clothes.

"Alright, I know exactly what I'm getting" Rachel held a few red tops in one hand and an assortment of black bottoms in the other. We had only been in the store for less than five minutes and she already had clothes in hand. Rachel followed me around the store. I looked for anything white that could help me out with my angel costume. I found a few cute white tops and possible compatible bottoms. It took me much longer than Rachel, since I'm going for an all white look.

"Let's go to the changing rooms!" Rachel happily skipped off ahead of me. I followed her and we went into two changing cubicles that face eachother.

"Alright I'm ready to show my first outfit choice" I semi-yelled to Rachel, receiving a 'same' from her. We both came out at the same time, both hating our first outfit choices. It was only until our last outfit choices that we were both satisfied and liked the outfits.

"Yours seriously looks so cute" Rachel looked me up and down. I faced the mirror and scanned my eyes over my body.

"I love it" I pointed to Rachel, her outfit looking amazing.

"Alright next stop to get our last accessories and then home to get ready" I felt like saying 'yes ma'am' to Rachel. She was always so serious about Halloween. Especially parties. Rachel and I roamed the mall, looking for our final items when I got a call from Brennen.

"Yo Colby told me you wanted me to call you? I also only noticed your missed calls now" Brennen's voice came through the phone.

"Oh yeah, I'm in the mall. Do you need anything? Like costume wise?" There was a short pause between Brennen and I. Rachel was trying on different devil horns, pointing at each that she tried on. I pointed on the one that looked the best on her, returning to the phone call.

"Colby said he needs some black and white paint for Devyn to do his face paint and can you pick me up some green hair spray shit?" Brennen asked me. I simultaneously took notes on my phone as he spoke so I wouldn't forget his requests.

"Yup, I'll be at the apartment soon so be there" Rachel picked out an angel halo and wings for me as I spoke, trying them on herself for fun. She's such an angel. Pun intended.

"Colby and I are already here. I'll see you dude" Brennen ended the call. Rachel and I got the remainder of things we needed. While we were getting Colby's face paint and Brennen's hair shit, Rachel stumbled across eye contacts.

"We need to be extra right now" She picked up red eye contact lenses.

"As long as these things don't make us blind then we'll be good" I chuckled. My hand went towards a pair of crystal blue eye contacts. These would for sure make my eyes pop. We finished at the store and headed to Starbucks to treat ourselves. Since it was Halloween and the drink was limited edition, we got Vampire frappuccinos.

"We're so extra" Rachel giggled.

"Extra is our thing though" I tossed Rachel her car keys as I chewed on the straw in my drink. While driving to the apartment, I sang along to 'Once in a while - Timeflies'. I was feeling like I was on cloud nine. I was in such a good mood. The excitement of getting ready was literally too much for me to handle. Rachel parked the car outside of the apartment and we headed inside, finding Brennen and Colby vlogging. They stopped when we came in, greeting us with smiles.

"I got you your shit" the boys eyes looked at the bag in my hands, jumping a little when I tossed it onto the couch.

"Thanks so much" They said in unison, taking out their items.

"We gotta go, we'll see you spooky boys later" Rachel waved at them.

"Bye guys" they waved at us, Rachel and I heading to her apartment to get ready. Oh, happy day.

A/N

Ima write the next part to this after I publish this which will for sure be up tonight. I seriously love this book and I hope you do too! It would mean a lot if you could add this to your library/reading list ❤️ see ya later!