Chapter 66 "What am I gonna tell my mom?"

I took a deep breath. I was scared. It had been forever since I spoke about what happened with Kirsty and I. I felt incredibly guilty. Even if it was over something small that happened over ten years ago.

"Kirsty and I were good friends. She had invited me to her birthday party and that's where I met Rachel. Rachel and I were playing and basically didn't include Kirsty. Just before her birthday, her dad passed away in a tragic accident. I stole her best friend after her dad had died" my head fell into my hands.

"But it happened so long ago?" Colby frowned.

"Yes but that's not it" Colby's head nodded in understanding. "After I took her best friend from her, she started to get bullied and blamed it all on Rachel and I. Then high school rolls around and she becomes the bully. It's my fault and that's why she came back to destroy my life once again" My hands flew around in exaggeration.

"Look, you're dwelling on the past. Whatever happened back then doesn't matter now" Colby's finger traced patterns on my arm.

"I know, it's dumb" I laughed a little. My phone began to ring with a call from Xavier. It wasn't like him to call so late. Especially when it was 1am.

"Hello?"

"Briana you need to get to the highway NOW" Xavier panicked, sending me into panic mode. What happened? Did he get into a car crash?

"What happened?" I started to freak, Colby confused and almost anxious to find out what was going on.

"Rachel got into a car wreck on the highway. Some dude kept swerving into her then she overcorrected and ended up sliding down a smallish hill and hitting a tree" Xavier explained. In the background I could hear cars zooming past. It was clear he was there with her.

"I'm on my way" My voice was shaky as I quickly ended the call and grabbed my fluffy pyjama hoodie that was incredibly worn out but still was incredibly cozy. It was the closest thing to me and I couldn't afford to waste time on grabbing my jacket.

"What's going on?" Colby stood up as I grabbed my keys and grabbed his hand, dragging him to my car.

"Rachel overcorrected on the highway because some dude kept swerving into her so she ended up sliding down a hill" I explained as I started my car and sped off, scary Colby a little since I was driving faster than my usual speed. We got to the highway where an ambulance and cop cars were. Colby and I parked at the side of the highway and I practically ran with my slides on, one coming off mid-run. Paramedics walked up the hill with Rachel, a blanket around her. She looked like she didn't even get a scratch on her.

"Holy shit are you okay?" I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Yeah I'm fine. I literally don't even have a bruise" She laughed. I was surprised how she wasn't shook up. "Look at my car though" She pointed to her car on its side against a tree. It was completely destroyed. Poor Rach.

"Damn, where's the dude?" Colby asked her, looking around for any sign of someone who could have almost killed Rachel.

"The dude took off. He didn't even check if I was okay. Luckily a guy helped me and stuff" Her face went from annoyed to happy.

"I'm so glad you're okay" A sigh of relief came out of me, Rachel resting her head on my shoulder as she laughed. Xavier came over to us, on his phone as usual.

"You guys got here fast" Xavier looked Colby and I up and down.

"She went full on race car mode" Colby pointed at me, his dimples showing as he smiled.

"I can't imagine how scary that must have been" I gasped. Rachel scratched her head, recalling what happened.

"I was listening to the radio then boom! I was like 'oh shit! I'm gonna die' because I thought I was gonna hit the ravine at the bottom and my McDonalds drink flew out the window but my phone was alright" She explained.

"I would have seriously been so shook up. Thank God you're okay" Colby's hands covered his mouth. We stayed with Rachel for a while until the cops sorted everything with her. It took quite a while but finally it was done and we brought her home.

"What am I gonna tell my mom?" She chuckled a little.

"That you're alive" I smiled as I drove, finding myself amusing. Rachel sighed heavily, her phone screen illuminating her face.

"She's gonna kill me for wrecking my car" Rachel started to call who I'm presuming was her mom. We waited silently for the phone call with her mom, waiting to hear what was said. I decided that Rachel had had a rough night and that I wanted her to stay with me. Even though she insisted she was fine, I just wanted to be a good best friend.

A/N

Lowkey running out of ideas lmaoo. No but seriously this chapter was cut short because I'm suffering from writers block. I'm gonna keep this short and sweet so I hope you're doing great and I'll see you laterzzz :)