Chapter Four

it’s been a week since camp started, things were finally beginning to settle down and josh was beginning to warm up to them a little more. sure, he was still intimidating as fuck, but he could hold conversations with tyler and that was great.

“tyler! wake up!” brendon shouted, jumping on the top bunk, crouching down and trying not to bump his giant frame on the ceiling.

tyler groaned and rolled over, brendon’s ankles hitting his stomach.

“ty, come on. matty wants us in the dance room.”

tyler didn’t respond, the weight of sleep too heavy on his eyelids. he regretting staying up until 2am with patrick just to wake up at 5 every morning. patrick was up already though, chugging down his second energy drink from the vending machine.

“we’re gonna be late, brendon.” josh stated.

brendon huffed, dropping to his knees and straddling tyler. patrick watched curiously as brendon whispered into tyler’s ear, lips curling up into a smile as he finished his sentence.

“you wouldn’t dare.” tyler said, his voice deep from sleep.

“you really wanna bet?” brendon asked.

tyler decided to test him and stay in bed, only for brendon to start wiggling his fingers over tyler’s bare ribs, making him squirm and laugh. josh felt a familiar pang of jealously spread throughout his chest, subtly looking away from a giggling tyler.

he’s never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly at that moment.

tyler eventually got up, but he was too tired to walk, someone please carry me. he was currently being carried by brendon, his head resting on his shoulder as brendon gripped his thighs to make sure he wouldn’t fall off of his back.

tyler’s soft pink sweater was billowing lightly in the chilly breeze in the air as brendon walked, a warm-fuzzy feeling making its way to his heart. he loved this part of the country, mainly because everyday was like fall and that meant breezes and no sweat.

“tyler, you look cute today.” brendon commented, because he did. he’d always liked tyler’s fashion choices.

“so i don’t look cute everyday?” tyler asked.

“shut up.”

“bitch.”

“you love me.”

“i suppose.” tyler placed a wet, sloppy kiss to brendon’s cheek, causing him to grimace in disgust.

patrick watched the two, honestly wondering why they weren’t a couple yet. with the amount of shit they do in public, patrick wouldn’t be surprised if they came out as a couple soon.

they eventually reached the dance room, josh making sure to sit next to tyler with patrick on the other side of him. josh honestly couldn’t find an answer within himself as to why he was so interested in tyler, or why he felt jealous when brendon was around.

“okay, guys. this is now the time where we assign you counsellors.” matty spoke up, making the kids stop talking.

the kids began to cheer, and tyler just sighed.

“ty, lighten up.” brendon said, poking his cheek.

“what, you don’t like kids?” josh asked.

“you do?” tyler retorted.

“well, yeah. i always have.” josh shrugged, looking up.

“i don’t like them at all.” tyler shook his head.