Chapter Eleven

(A.N. I AM BACK

okay honestly

guys i'm really sorry i'm taking such a long time with these updates, i know i say it every time but right now it's almost spring break for us and testing is literally two days after it ends, ya girl aint tryin to fail her tests

but who cares the point is updates will be slow ONLY CUZ i'm studying

HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND, BUT I AM STILL WRITING :))

enjoy, kids)

tyler walked into the dance room, ready to start the second session. jenna was next to him, looking around to find her group of friends.

"i'm going to go," she spotted them quickly, "i'll be around, though."

tyler nodded, eyes frantically scanning past unfamiliar faces in hopes of seeing at least one person that he knew. he didn't want to be left alone, and he most definitely didn't want some stranger to come up to him. he sighed in relief as he saw brendon's floppy hair bounce as he waved at tyler, gesturing for him to come over.

"hey!" tyler hugged brendon tightly, his cologne filling his nose.

brendon kissed the top of tyler's head with a dramatic "muah!", pulling back. "are you excited?" he asked, a happy ring to his voice.

"no!" tyler said with enthusiasm, that way brendon couldn't call him out on it.

he made a face at him anyway, looking over at pete and patrick as they approached.

"group hug!" pete called, brendon pulling him in again as he got smushed between pete and patrick.

"the gang's all here." tyler smiled, voice strained. if he was being honest, he was happy to be spending another month with these people.

"where's josh?" pete asked, searching the room for him.

tyler looked around the room, turning completely behind him to see josh walk through the door. he walked forwards, toward his usual spot, as he still hadn't noticed tyler yet.

"josh!" he called once he was in ears reach.

josh looked over, his eyebrows raised in confusion. they quickly dropped as his mouth parted into a smile, feeling happy that tyler was here. he jogged up to tyler and bent down, wrapping his arms around his waist and nuzzling into the crook of his neck.

he hadn't seen this kid in three days.

tyler yelped as josh picked him up, his feet completely off of the ground.

"josh! put me down!" tyler said through giggles, hiding his face in josh's soft, pink hair.

"you guys are disgusting." pete said, making tyler roll his eyes.

josh set him down, his arms still around his waist. tyler looked around, sure that no one was looking at them before he stood on his tippy-toes and placed a soft kiss to josh's lips.

"how are you?" he asked, just to ask, voice soft with fondness.

"i'm good now." he smiled, making tyler's stomach erupt in butterflies as his pink lips stretched across his teeth.

he pulled away from josh when matty quieted down the room, clasping his hands together again. tyler squinted, noticing his eyes seemed to be puffier than normal. it was almost like he'd been crying.

"hey, guys!" he said, smiling, though tyler could tell it was fake. something was wrong. "this is short notice, in fact, i just got told today. um...i've been director here for about four years, and i can say i've never had as much fun as i've had at this camp."