Close call

The next day before dad was awake I left for school. Today was parent teacher conferences and everyone knew dad wouldn't show. They took this chance to bully and torture me. But I ignored them as usual. The time for parent teacher conference came and incas sitting alone. When the time came I went inside. "Is your father coming?" The teacher asks. I shake my head. "No he's to sick." I say. I call dad but get no answer. This made me frown. I call again but still no answer. "I don't know why he's not picking up mam." I say. "We'll let me drive you home. I need to speak to your father." Ms. james says. I pale and nod. I couldn't say no because then she would suspect something was up. The drive home was quiet and tense. Ms. James noticed. "Ms. Ray are you ok?" She asks. I nod keeping silent. Upon arriving at my house I get out and go in. I see dad asleep on the couch. Mr. James comes in. I panic and gran dad by the back of the overall, causing him to wake and say "Sorry ms. James. This old doll is my dad's. He must have put it down here. Let me go find my dad." I say as dad stays still. I was quite irritated with dad. I take him up to his room and set him died. "What the heck?" Dad asks. "That lady. She's my teacher." I say. Dad's eyes widen. "Parent teacher conference?" Dad asks. I nod and cross my arms irritated. "So what now. We can't let her see you." I say. "Oh hello." a female voice comes. I look at dad. "Who's that!" I shout. "My girlfriend?" Dad asks. I glare at him ignoring the hurt look. I walk downstairs and see a woman my dad had dated when I was a kid. "Hey mum." I force out. The woman turns. "Sam. Your not in trouble are you?" Tiff I think her name was says. "No. Sam is quite the student. She excels in all her classes despite the pressure on her from her peers." Ms. James says. "Ahh good." Tiff says meeting my eyes. "And may I ask where your husband is?" Ms. James asks. "Ohh chucky?" Tiff says looking around. "Chucky being sick and all is not the normal sick person. He gets up and about." Tiff lies. Ms. James nods. After the meeting was over Ms. James leaves. "Thanks." I sigh dragging a hand over my face. "He forget?" TIFF asks. I sigh and nod. "Dad you can come out now!" I shout before walk g upstairs. I slam my door and lock it.

A few hours later dad knocks on my door. "Pipsqueak. Can we talk?" Dad asks. "Go away!" I shout burying my face in the pillow. TIFF opens the door with a key. I glare at her. Dad comes over and sits beside me. "Pipsqueak. I'm sorry." Dad says gently stroking my hair. I gaze over at him with tears. "What happened?" I ask. "I fell asleep. It only felt like a few minuets. I'm sorry pipsqueak. My chest was hurting and I forgot." Dad says. He wipes away a few tears. "It's ok dad." I say hugging dad gently. Dad hugs back and lightly strokes the back of my head. I let go of dad and wipe my eyes. "So girlfriend huh?" I ask. Dad laughs and nods. "You've grown so much Sam." Tiff says. I smile and nod. "Thanks " I say. "Are you ok dad?" I ask. Dad nods. "Yea. I'm fine. Sorry." Dad says. I sigh and nod. "Like I said. It's ok." I say.