Dad's soul

"Ade due Damballa, Give me the power I beg of you. Per deos et anima ejus erunt. Illo anima mea et fetae eius." Dad screams in agony as he begins to glow. "NO!" I scream violently fighting against the ropes. "Dad!" I scream. Dad weakly meets my eyes before his eyes roll to the back of his head and he goes limp. "No Daddy!" I scream. A blue glowing light begins to form above dad's chest. I knew what this was. It was dad. His soul, his essence, him. I couldn't imagine the amount of agony Dad was in right now. As I desperately try to fight I remember I had my knife in my back pocket. I discreetly flip it open before cutting the ropes. By now Justin had begun to gather dad's soul into the glass bottle. With a roar I tackle Justin and slam my knife into his throat. Justin lets out a gurgled scream. "No!" Tiff yells before I turn my rage on her. The spell, having been broken stops and dad's soul lingers above his body. As I desperately try to stab tiff she manages to turn the knife into my shoulder. My howl of pain fills the room and I watched as dad's soul vibrates, as if angry. I slam tiff into the table before a whole new sense of rage fills me. I grab tiff by the neck before physically throwing her out the second floor window. As she crashes to the ground the party below seems to stop. All eyes were on tiff. I grit my teeth in pain before turning my head back to dad. I gently scoop the bottle containing his soul into my hands and kneel down beside his body. This was why even dad didn't use blood magic. It was just to dark. "Dad. If you can here me I need you to hang on. I'm gone fix this. This is all my fault. Tiff knew you would follow me. I'm so sorry." I whispers letting tears stream down my face. A few of them drop onto dad's soul. The result is a gentle vibration of his soul. I grab the book that tiff had used before desperately trying to find the reversal spell. Once I do I say it and watch as dad's soul descends back into his body. Once that is done I gently scoop dad into my arms, cover him with a blanket and get the hell out of there.

I sighed feeing dad's fever with the back of my hand. After I had gotten back to the house I had laid dad in bed and waited for him to wake up. But as I waited dad got worse. The spell had physically drained him of his strength and that was showing in the fever that he had. I was going to have to pack dad in ice. Because if his fever got any worse, I worried he would start to melt. After packing dad in ice, I sat beside him and dabbed his sweaty forehead with a cool cloth. Dad had been right. And because I hadn't listened to him, he had paid the price. This was all my fault. As tears begin to stream down my face I gripped dad's hand gently. Dad slowly gives a weak squeeze back. "Daddy?" I whisper. Slowly dad opens his eyes. I could see he was exhausted. And he would be for a good while. "Pipsqueak...." Dad mumbles swallowing. "Oh dad. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry. If I hadn't gone, if I had just listened to you, none of this would have happened." I cry. Dad swallows once more before slowly turning his head to me. "It's ok...." He whispers. I shake my head. "No. You were right dad. I'm sorry." I whimper. Dad sighs and slowly struggles to sit up. But he failed miserably. "Please dad. You're weak. That spell..." My voice chokes up. "Sam... listen to me." Dad whispers squeezing my hand. I tearfully nod. "You're my daughter sam.... and that means I'll always protect you.... that's why I followed you. I knew." Dad whispers. "No matter what happens.... I'll always be there." Dad finishes. This brings a whole new round of tears to my eyes. I blink back tears before leaning down and hugging him gently. "I'm sorry dad. I didn't mean it." Dad laughs weakly. "I know pipsqueak." He whispers before leaning his head back. He looks down at the ice. "Your fever dad. It's way to high. I was worried..." "That I'd melt?" Dad jokes making a smile come to my face. "Like the wicked witch of the west." I say. Dad laughs before his eyes travel to my bloodied shoulder. "You're hurt..." He whispers. I shake my head. "I'm ok dad. It's you who's hurt." I say. "I'm alright." Dad lies. "No you're not. You'll be weak for a while. A long while. That spell physically drained you." I say. Dad nods letting out a raspy cough. "Blood magic?" Dad asks. I sigh and nod. "Yea. I managed to stop the spell in time but..." Dad sighs and nods. "Pipsqueak I'll be ok." Dad whispers meeting my eyes. I sigh before grabbing dad some water. "Here. You need fluids." I say. As dad slowly drinks the water, I noticed his fever was slowly going down. After dad had enough I dabbed his forehead once more. Even though Dad had said it was ok, I knew this was still my fault. "Sam.." I meet dad's eyes. "Come here." I lean over and hug Dad gently. "I'm sorry Dad." I whisper. Dad shushes me and let's me hug him for a while longer. After my eyes felt dry I let Dad go. "Feel better?" Dad asks. I nod slightly. "Thanks dad." Dad nods slightly. I could tell he was exhausted and that he needed to rest. "Get some rest Dad. You're gonna need it." I say. Dad rolls his eyes with a smirk. "I'll be fine..." He whispers. "Eventually dad. But for right now you need to rest. Ok?" I say. "Yes mam." Dad jokes before slowly closing his eyes.