Aftermath

It must have been hours later when dad finally woke. I was sitting by the window humming the lullaby dad used to sing to me as a baby when dad woke. "Sam...." I look over and gasp running to dad's side. I collapse beside him and gently stroke his hair. "Dad?" I ask gently. Dad groans and slowly opens his eyes. He looks round before looking back at me. "It's ok dad. He's dead." I say gently. Dad nod and struggles to sit up but I gently press him down. "No. You'll rip your stitches" I say. Dad nods. "How do you feel?" I ask. Dad lets out a pained groan. "Like I wanna bring that son of bitch back to life just so I can kill him again." Dad responds making me laugh. I gently hug dad minding his wounds and sniffle. "I was so worried!" I whisper. Dad gives a small smile. "I'm ok pipsqueak." He whispers. I shake my head. "No your not." I say. Dad gives a dry laugh. ". I pull away before going over and getting him some painkillers. Dad takes them before leaning his head back. "That song... I always thought you were to young to remember." Dad says. I smile and gently take his hand. "I never forgot it." I say. Dad smiles before resting his eyes. "Just rest Dad. I'll be back soon with some food." I say. Dad nods before closing his eyes. I smile and wipe my tears away before walking into the kitchen to make dad some meatballs.

After I was done with the meat balls I went back to dad's room and sat beside him. The smell of the food wake him up making me smile. Dad looks over at me and I smile. "Hungry?" I ask. Dad nods. I set the plate beside Dad and gently help him sit up. Dad groans in pain making me stop. "No. I'm ok." He says forcing a smile. I didn't believe him but nod anyways. As dad eats slowly I gently gripped his hand. This makes dad looks over at me. "Pipsqueak. I'm ok." Dad says bringing tears to my eyes. Dad's eyes soften. "Come here." Dad says. I hug him gently and whimper. "Shhh pipsqueak. I'll be ok." Dad whispers. I nod. But don't let go of him. "I have to take care of the body." I whisper pulling away finally. Dad nods. "Go" He says. I hesitate. "I'll be fine. Go." Dad says. I nod hugging him once more before leaving to clean up the body.

After I was done with the body I headed back to the house. I found dad asleep and sit beside him accidentally waking him. Dad looks over and weakly smiles. "Hey. Pipsqueak." Dad says making me smile. "How do you feel?" I ask. Dad groans. "Let me see your stitches." I say. Dad nods and I help him out of his shirt. Looking at his stitches I couldn't hold back my tears. Blood slowly seeped out of the many stitches and I knew that they weren't holding. "None of them are holding. There's to many to use the plastic." I say with tears. I help dad sit up and hug him tightly. Dad hugs me back and shushes me as tears leave my eyes. "Shhh pipsqueak. It's ok." Dad whispers. I shake my head and hug him tighter making him wince slightly. "What are we going to do daddy. You'll die!" I whimper. Dad shushes me but says nothing. "I can't lose you dad." I whisper. "You won't sam. Do you understand me." Dad says sternly. I whimper and nod. I slowly let go of Dad. "There has to be a spell or something. We'll find it pipsqueak." Dad says gently wiping away my tears. "I haven't seen anything dad. Not in all the books we have. I don't know of any spell that will heal you." I say. Dad sighs then his eyes brighten. "I know who will." Dad says. I look at him. "Who?" I ask. "John. John Bishop. He's the one who gave the transfer spell last time. If there's a spell to heal me. He'll have it." Dad says. I nod and hug him once more. "I remember seeing something about him in the paper downstairs." I say. Dad nods. "It will be alright sam. I promise." Dad says. I nod slowly drying my tears. "You stay here dad. You need to rest." I say. Dad nods. "He has a voodoo doll. Find it and use it to get him to tell you." Dad says. I nod and help him lay back down. "Rest dad. I'll be back soon." I say. Dad nods closing his eyes. I pull the covers over Dad before heading downstairs to leave.