The fight

The next day I went to school with dad in my bag. Everything went smoothly until I got to my last period with my new teacher Ms. Kettlewell. To put it lightly she was a bitch. I could hear dad growl as she talked. I gently kicked my bag. "Ouch!" Dad hisses softly. I glance down at my bag as Dad glares at me. I give him a pointed look before turning my attention back to the bitch. I mean teacher. She was teaching about English as I snort. This makes her look over at me. "Something you wish to share Ms. Ray?" She asks. I sigh. "No ma'am." I force out as others snicker. "Keep it that way. This is a classroom. Keep that in mind." She says turning back to the board. I glare daggers at her back. Finally the bell rings and I am the first one out. "I'm gonna kill that bitch!" Dad growls. I sigh and nod before going to my locker and getting the rest of my stuff before heading home. Once I was home I let Dad out of my bag. He rubs his side and glares at me gently. "That kick hurt you know." Dad was making me snort. "Sorry." I say before going to the kitchen and getting a snack. Dad follows me and I set him on the counter. "No more coming with me to school. It's to dangerous dad." I say. Dad sighs before nodding. I knew he worried about me. "I'll be fine dad. I promise."I say. Dad nods and I briefly hug him. "If you still wanna kill that old bag. I wouldn't mind." I say. Dad laughs and I hug him once more. "That's my girl." Dad laughs. I smile before letting go of him. "What happened to tiff?" I ask. "She went back to her trailer." Dad says waving me off. I roll my eyes before nodding. "That's better. No offense dad but I don't like her." I say. Dad rolls his eyes. "She seems a bit obsessed with you. And not in the good way." I add. "Yea. I noticed. She thought I was going to marry her. With that ring I stole from Vivian Van Pelt." Dad says. I can't help but laugh. "Yea right." I laugh. Dad nods. "Anyways I told her I wasn't and she got mad and left." Dad says. I nod. "Good riddance." I say making dad laugh. "Chip off the old block." Dad says making me roll my eyes. "What'd you expect dad?" Dad rolls his eyes. Then a knock at the door comes making us both look over. I go over to the door and open it frowning when I see a familiar boy from school. Justin I think his name was. "H-Hey Sam." He says nervously. " I uh... I know this is kinda weird but..." "Sam who is it?" Comes dad's voice. I sigh slightly. "Someone from school dad. Go back to bed." I shout. Justin rubs the back of his neck as I step outside and close the door. "Why are you here Justin. Come to make fun of the freak too?" Justin shakes his head adamantly. "N-No. I-I... There's this party tonight. And..." My eyes widen. Was Justin really asking me out? "What's the catch. No one invites the freak to a party." I sneer. Justin swallows nervously before saying "Look Sam. I like you. A lot. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Will you come?" I swallow my excitement before nodding. "I'll be there." I say before walking back inside. "So?" Dad asks. "I just got invited to my first high school party." I say smiling with excitement. Dad frowns. "No." He says. "No. What do you mean no?" I ask confused. "I know what goes on at those parties and you're not going." Dad says. "Dad come on. I've never been invited anywhere. Please." I beg. "I'm not letting you go to some party with a boy who probably just invited you as some twisted way of torturing you. You're not going sam. And that's final." Dad says with a gentle glare on his face. "That's not why he invited me dad. When's the next time I'm gonna get invited anywhere. I have no friends, no dating life. Nothing. For the first time a boy actually likes me. I'm going to that party." I snap. "Samantha I am your father. And I am saying no!" Dad finally snaps. "Now you pull the dad card!" I shout. "I'm trying to protect you sam. I've seen what those boys are like. If you go, you're just gonna get hurt. And I don't want to see that." Dad shouts back. "How would you know. My life isn't exactly normal. In fact my life is about as far from normal as I can get. Ever since that night our lives have been fucked up. And now I have a chance at being a normal teen and you want to take that away." "I'm trying to protect you." Dad shouts. "Well don't. It's your fault my life is like this anyway. I wish I could go back and stop that night from ever happening. Maybe then my life would be normal. Maybe then I wouldn't have a doll for a father!" I shout before I can stop myself. Dad's eyes as well as mine widen and dad lets a rare tear slip. "Dad... I'm-" Dad jumps down, cutting me off, before storming out of sight leaving me standing there.