Kindergarden classroom

Something about elementary schools makes me feel at home. I can't put my finger on it but no matter what I always feel happy when I walk in those doors. Today as I walked past the kindergarten classrooms i noticed some artwork. It was children's faces, feet, eyes, hands, and other body parts. I was intrigued so I continued to look at the art. The artwork was their favorite body part and why. Most children said things like, "i like my feet because they help me play and run". Others said things like "I like my eyes because they are blue." Something that made me think was the pictures of the children's faces. The kindergarteners wrote "I like my face because I am beautiful." It made me wonder when are children taught that their face is no longer beautiful? When does that love for themselves switch? Does it have to? It seems it does. But my question is is why? Why do we as a society teach children to hate themselves if their natural instinct is to love themselves? It blows my mind how young children are changed so much from ages five to thirteen. Five year old want hugs and kisses, toys, to make friends, and to have fun. Why is it that so many thirteen year old have themselves and want to die? We as a society hate children without even knowing we do. We corrupt them from young ages and teach them there's only way to do things. There's million of ways to love. Why can't we love these children?