Part 5 : Bad new and other try.

It's just some days after that the ghost did execute their plan, succeeding in the end to contact Neal, as this one was alone. They decided to send Emma, hoping that the young woman wouldn't have been forgot by Neal.

They couldn't have been more wrong.

The day Emma arrived in front of Neal, this last one really thought for a moment that he would have a heart attack.

Because she just came from nowhere.

And maybe also because of the fact that she was shining and blue.

And she too looked like the drawing that Henry did.

For a moment, he thought he was crazy, because it was not the sort of things that could happen there, in a world without magic, especially in a town as calm as Storybrooke.

Except that she was there.

In front of him, looking at him, with a strange light in the eyes, just as nostalgia. Just as if she already knew him.

(But it wasn't possible, right ?)

She was smiling, and without knowing why, Neal became frozen.

The situation had nothing to do with normality, it was true, there was a ghost just under his eyes. But ghosts didn't exist, he was sure of that, it should even be the case in a world with magic.

(But fairies, wizards and mermaids exist, so why not ghosts ?)

So then, he says the first sentence that comes at his mind, and that everyone else would have said.

"Ghosts don't exist."

Just in order to say to himself that what he was seeing was false.

The unknown person just smiled even more.

"You really think that Neal ?"

He shivered.

"Damn, he said, you are all scaring at knowing my name..."

He didn't see that Emma just shivered and she became pale by hearing him.

Shit.

That would be more complicated than they predicted.

§§§§

"And you, who are you ?

- I am Emma Swan."

It did have an echo in him, strangely. He didn't remember, at least, not what mattered, but only what they told him.

Emma Swan.

The dead one.

The one who killed herself as she couldn't stand being far from her son.

(It was more than that, but he didn't know that.)

"You're Henry's mother."

Emma thought that she could have cried.

Neal didn't remember her, and just saw her as Henry's mother, who she was.

There was a time where you saw me in another way.

"Exact. What do you know about me ?

- You died. You killed yourself, this is what they told me.

- You know nothing else ?"

Emma' smile suddenly disappeared.

And if, in Neal's mind, the word Tallahassee appeared for a moment, it didn't seem to be that important in this instant.