Part 9 : Lies

After the mayor definitely accepted to let Henry with Neal, they both decided to go to his home, where his family was. Despite himself, Henry smiled by seeing that there still was something good in this terrible story.

Neal had a family. And him too, apparently, even if neither Belle or Gideon knew it. And the thing is that none of them was really happy to let the young man come at their home. They both stayed away from him during the evening, in which Neal tried to confront his father to the reality.

"Dad ? I think we need to talk."

The wizard nodded his head, knowing what his son wanted to talk about. When he called him to ask him if Henry could come with them, he immediately said yes. And understood that soon, Fiona would have doubts again.

The Dark One was a little afraid by this conversation, ignoring what his son knew or didn't know, or in what he believed.

The answer was rapidly brought to him, as they were alone.

"Dad, I will ask you a question, and I want you to answer to it, in a clear and precise way.

- I'm listening to you.

- Is there a curse ?"

He looked at his son, carefully; this one had doubts, serious doubts, and he needed answers. Gold sighed.

"Yes.

It would have great consequences, they both knew it.

- So... Henry is really my son...

- Exactly. I have the results you wanted to have."

Neal took the paper rapidly, and smiled by understanding that everything was true.

He just had to remember all of this now.

"Henry has a plan. He called it operation Lynx.

Rumple raised an eyebrow.

- What does it have to do with the curse ?

- Nothing. That's why it can work, according to him. That it has no links with what we must do.

- What do we have to do ?

- Make the Black Fairy believe we don't know for the curse.

- But Henry, does know, him, and I think my mother has doubts about you.

- Then, that's when you play your role ! Neal exclaimed.

- In which way ?

- You can still do magic, right ?

- Not completely. This, he said, by showing the bracelet, stops me from practising magic, but I can still do potions.

- Perfect. This is exactly what we need.

- What do you want me to do ?

- What I want, is that your mother believes that you did something. She has to believe that Henry and I we lost a part of our memories, the things about the curse. I want her to think that we can't be an obstacle for her."

He looked at his son, and thought again about Henry's despair and what he almost did. About Emma Swan and what she did. About her dead body, what he saw this day, that he never forgot despite the years. About the pain of the ghosts, and even the one of some inhabitants of the town.

And he knew again what he must do.

"Alright. I will help you."

Unlike what happened before, he had the occasion to prove that he could do it, do something good.