Part 7 : Despair

Weeks passed, it's true, but time didn't really do it, and Gold was worried about that.

Fiona came to visit him, this day. They talked, especially her, in fact, and she threatened him. She was suspicious, about Neal, because of the fact that she knew that he saw Henry.

Gold succeeded to make them disappear, with a lot of difficulties, by lying to her. She believed him, because he had no reason to lie to her, but the sorcerer knew that in a little time, if things continued that way, she would finally have doubts about it.

On Henry's side, things too were bad, and after he tried for a time to hope again, he fell a new time, seeing that his father didn't want to listen to him. It was just as with Emma, but worst, because at least, she wasn't cursed at that time. And the fact is that Neal wasn't supposed to break the curse.

So, the thing is that, no, Henry wasn't fine. He was falling again, alone, and with no one to help him.

Neal, on his side, was asking questions to himself again, about the main interrogation that tortured him : was Henry really his son ? The easiest thing to do was to do a DNA test, but he didn't dare to ask to someone to do it. He also was suspicious toward the mayor, because of Henry's insinuations.

And also because when he was seeing her, he really perceived what could be evil in her.

When he asked to his father to do what should be done, he immediately accepted, and it awake his defiance. Was that because he knew Henry was saying the truth ? Or the contrary ?

Neal was really tired to be forced to think about these questions.

His life became a routine, a new routine, in fact, with the presence of the ghosts added to this. Not only Emma and Hook, but also the other, excepted Zelena.

Neal was walking, without any purpose, it was a day where he had nothing to do, and his spirit was still invaded by all the revelations he had to face these last days. He didn't even start when Snow appeared on his side.

"Hey, the former princess said.

- Hello, Neal answered."

He really liked Snow White. She wasn't as Emma and Hook, who knew him, or seemed to know him. She wasn't as cold as Regina could be, and was really comprehensive.

She was the only one who didn't harass him about the curse, and she was really listening to him when he was talking.

"How are you ? He asked.

- That could be better, sure, Snow whispered."

Strangely, the young man did accept the idea that there was ghosts in Storybrooke, and that he was the only one who could see them. It was strange, but not as much as the other things he saw in Neverland or in the Enchanted Forest.

"What do you want to do, exactly ? He finally asked to the ghost, who was saying nothing.

- That you break the curse, or help Henry to do it.

- If I admit that I believe in the existence of a curse, how can I do that ?

- I don't know.

Neal smiled bitterly.

- Well, that won't help me.

- I am not someone who knows magic, you can talk with Regina or your father.

- I have some questions to ask to him.

- According to Emma, he knows many things. He is one of the people who remember, with Henry and his mother, of course.