Chapter 1: Strangers

The wind blows on my long curly hair, making me slightly shiver from its drastic temperature drop from this morning. I stuff my hands in my jogger pockets, cursing myself for not bringing a jacket with me. I look down at my phone in my hand and look at the time.

8:56 am

Shit

I start to make run for it. As I run, my apartment keys start jingle inside my pockets. I start losing hope until I see my destinantin ahead. I smile brightly and run faster, almost breaking a sweat in this cold weather.

The Veterinarian

During my 4 years of being in New York, I had taken some classes for nursing and for pet care since I had no idea what I wanted to do. I've always wanted to take care of people and animals... considering I'm a werewolf.

"I'm here!" I shout out inside the small Vet's office. People who came for their pets look at me oddly, while the receptionist, Nancy, laughs silently shaking her head. I clear my throat awkwardly and head to my quarters.

Nancy is my only real friend here, well... aquantince.

You can see... I'm a shy person. After I moved here, I didn't want to engage with people at all, but my ass had to go to school to get my nursing degree. So I just dealt with my awkward social skills and thrived to the fullest.

Now I got an awesome job I love, a great apartment that doesn't have thin walls, but.... I feel as if something is missing, something I need.

Someone I need...

As in checking myself in for work, Nancy comes in, handing me a letter.
I smile at her and look down to see that it doesn't say who it was from.

"Oh hey!" I call put to her. She turns around to me and raises a brow.

"Yes?" I face the letter towards her.

"Do you know who gave you this?"

"No, I don't. It was this guy in a long black cloak that handed it to me. He said he had sent it here since he didn't know your address, which I kinda found weird from a stranger, but I took it anyway and he left."
"Okay. Thanks Nancy." She nods her head and walks back to where she was. I look back down at the note and open it.

Dear Lexa,

We are here to inform you that your four year contract of living outside of the forest pack is coming to an end in two days.

You are to be escorted back to the pack by meeting at your work place. If you in any way not follow the rules of the contract, there will be consequences.

Sincerely, Alpha James

*
*
This is just a little something to get started, but it only gets better from here!

If you want a chance to get a shout out, just vote, comment, follow, etc.

Love ya!

Lei-Bear