Chapter 13: Weird Smiles

When Sam stops the car, I look out the window, immediately remembering why I was in the car.

My dream job.

I grab my stuff and open the door, getting out of the car. I turn around and look at Sam who was smiling at me, looking like a proud father.

"You get 'em tiger!" He cheers for me while I roll my eyes at his cheesy quote.

"You're such a dork." I laugh at him. He shrugs his shoulders, smirking at me.

"That's not what my wife says when we're alone." I scrunch my face up in disgust while he laughs at me.

"TMI MISTER!" I screech, covering my ears.

"Hey, I'm only speaking truth." He says laughing at me, but gets a little serious. "But seriously, you better kill it in there missy." He says to me, pointing his finger at me like a father would. I roll my eyes.

"Yes sir. Bye!" I wave to him as he waves back. I close the door and turn to the building as he drives away.

As I walk towards the building, I admire the architecture. The building is surprisingly very small, but has this rustic look to it that involves the colors white and brown, giving it character.

It has a homey vibe to it.

When I make it to the wooden double doors, I push then open as a cool breeze blows onto my hot body. I walk up to the front desk, coming face to face with a young girl, no more than 18, doing something on the computer.

"What can I help you with?" She asks boredly, not looking at me at all, although looking a little stressed.

"It's my first day on the job!" I yell her with excitement, despite her rude demeanor. She still doesn't look up.

"So.... Where do I go?" She rolls her eyes at me.

"Lady, I don't even know where you gotta go and just-" she finally looks up at me and she visibly pales. I raise a brow.

Why does she look scared?

"M-miss Luna, I didnt even know that was you! I'm so s-sorry for being rude! I'm j-just stressed out and-and-"

"Hey hey, it's all good, trust me." I put my hand over hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. She breathes in and out through her mouth, slowly calming down. I keep my tears at bay when I hear the word Luna. "You know, it's okay to have a bad day every bow and then. It's natural." She nods her head at me.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thank you so much for understanding." I smile at her.

"No problem-", I look down at her name tag, "Tasha. Now, would you like to show me where to go?" I ask her in a playful tone as she beams at me and stands up. She then leads me to this nice little office area, with a few rooms behind doors for appointments. As we walk in, we hear commotion in one of the rooms, as I raise my brows in shock.

Who would be yelling in such a quiet place?

Tasha shakes her head. "That's one of the patients that's been here for over an hour by now. They've been arguing with our doctor about something and he currently needs you in there to help him settle it. Well good luck!" She chirps at me before walking away, leaving me to the problem.

Rolling my eyes, I walk toward the door where the yelling is at and knock on the door, expecting the worst. When the door opens, I'm met with the doctor I talked to, to get this job.

"Doctor Evans." I greet him. He was probably in his late 20's. He was well over six foot and had a nice physique. If we weren't in this stressful situation, I would've taken my time at looking at him, because he was pretty cute. He wears a stressed look apon his face, urging me inside the room.