Chapter 16: Hospital

"Sis just- sis you're going to hurt yourself!" Kevin yells at me as I walk around the hospital. I had figured after my little outburst that I had a broken rib and are still recovering from a really bad concussion.

It's only been five days, including the days I was in a coma, and I already want to get out of here.

I scoff at my brother. "Will you just shush and let me walk? You act like I'm gonna faint at any moment!"

"Because you could if you push yourself too hard!" He looks at me like I'm crazy as I run towards the outside doors, which lead to the small garden they have.

"Stop running or you'll fall!" He scolds me like a parent, running after me. I laugh at him, making it to the doors. Pushing them open, the sunny sky and light breeze meet me, making me sigh in content. I missed being outside.

Settling myself on one of the wood benches, Kevin sits right next to me. We both sit in a comfortable silence as we look out at the beautiful trees that surround the pack.

After a while he turns to me with a serious look. The sun shines behind him, making him look more defined.

"Where are you going to go when you get released from the hospital?" He asked me with worry in his tone. I can understand why he's worried. Kevin doesn't live in this pack anymore. Making a deal with the former Alpha, he got to move out of the pack and live out on his own. Sometimes I can be envious over him. Just think, how can he leave the pack so easily by just talking to the alpha, and here I am struggling with everything I have just to have my own house, in a pack I don't even want to be in.

But I can't blame Kevin for all this. He isn't the one who has a crazy Alpha mate. I really don't want to go back to his house. Just thinking about how James is going to be there and his oh so amazing girlfriend, oh it makes me barf.

I honestly don't know where to go. I'm hoping that he has the house ready for me. Just thinking about him makes me sick. I don't know where he is or what he's doing right now but I could care less. Everything that he did to me it's just another brick to my heart. Brick after brick after brick he hurt me. After a long time sometimes you just give up. I just find it super funny how the moon goddess picked me to have a bad outcome with my mate. All I ever wanted was an amazing mate. One that would love me, cherish me, and be there for me. But no, I don't have a happy ending. All I get is destruction in my life.

"I don't know brother, I really don't know. I have a lot of money saved up in my bank so I'm going to go and find a hotel I can stay at or I can rent a room in the pack house for now. But I might just go with renting a hotel room because the jerk is most likely going to be there, and I'm not about to go and see him again." He frowns a little.

"I hate that you have to go through this. Like if I could, I will bring you over to my house so you can stay there and live your life. You'll be able to find a job, live out your life, and forget about all this." He says with sadness in his voice.

I laugh a little, trying to lighten up the dark mood. "Oh I don't know if I could stay in a house with you for a long time. I think I would actually lose my mind in there." He gives me a deadpan look as I continue to laugh.

I still notice the worrisome and sad glint in his eyes. I grab his large hand, making eye contact with him.

"Hey, look at me." He looks down at me. "Don't be worried about me, I've done this before. It's all going to be okay, I promise." I look at him as he since a small smile my way. I then playfully nudge my elbow against his arm, sending a smile his way.

"Don't stress too much now, or you'll get grey hair." He scoffs at my comment and runs his fingers through his curly hair, looking prideful of it.