Chapter 3: Medicine

"Give you a taste of your own medicine." 🌹

****

Running to my walk-in closet, I start grabbing all my shirts, dresses, pants, anything I find relevant at the moment. I then throw them all on my queen size bed, and grab my suitcase from under it. Zipping it open, I start throwing all my clothes in there, making sure I have room for my shoes. I then run back to my closet to grab my two pairs of shoes and stuff them in the big suitcase, hoping it will close up.

Wiping off the slight sweat on my forehead, I then go to my closet and take out a duffle bag. Looking at the bag, a bunch of memories wash over me.

This is the bag I used when I moved away...

Shaking my head, I start putting away personal things I would carry on the plane.

After I had gotten the letter, I had quickly went home after talking to Nancy, saying our goodbyes. I know James told me I had to come home in three days, but I'm not coming back. I'm probably going to move to a different country, I don't know yet. I just know that I can't go back.

Maybe by doing this, he'll get a little taste of his own medicine...

Besides, knowing James, he's probably on his way right now to my workplace, making sure I follow the rules. That's why I'm leaving tonight.

After my bags are packed, I grab the pair of clothes I set aside and change into them, throwing my work clothes into the suitcase. I had put on black joggers this time, but I always put on the classic white t-shirt. I quickly put on my black sneakers, and throw my curly long hair into a low bun, putting a black hat on top.

I then bring my suitcase and duffle bag out to my car, and throw them inside.

----

Walking into the plane with my duffle bag, the flight attendant greets me with a kind smile, welcoming me on the plane. I barely smile back as I  walk through the aisle, looking for my seat.

Once I find my seat, I see nobody else is sitting here.

Maybe I get the aisle to myself..

I place my duffle bag above me and then slide in the window seat. I look outside the window, watching the beautiful sunset with it's wild colors, brightening up the sky.

I let out a sad sigh. I'm gonna miss this place. It's so peaceful and calm. This place gave me no stress, I'm gonna miss that.

I feel shuffling next to me, sensing someone is sitting by me. I don't care enough to look, I just close my eyes, hoping that this trip to California will be no trouble.

----

Waking up, I open my eyes and see it's dark outside. I check my phone and see that there is ten minutes left before the plane lands. I almost shake in my seat with excitement.

When I feel the person next to me shuffle, I then turn to them, to see if they're awake or not. When I see them, all the air is knocked out of me.

It's James, peacefully sleeping...

****