Chapter 2: Magic

The letter falls from my shaking hands, as it aimlessly lands somewhere on my office floor. Shaking my head, I bend down to grab the letter. I look over the dark red cursive words one more time, finally realizing I'm not going crazy.

Sincerely, Alpha James

Ugh!

I crumple up the letter and throw it away in the waist basket by my desk. My heart starts to race faster and faster in anger. The papers on my desk blow everywhere around the room.

I need to calm down. My magic can't get me in trouble right now, now that I've come so far already. I sit down and take a breath, closing my eyes. I fold my hands together, as if I were praying, and put them under my chin and just think.

How come when something good happens in my life, he always ruining it? I knew this day was going to come soon, I just knew it, but I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to remember all the horrible memories from then. I didn't want to think of him, but I guess life had other plans for me.

Nancy then walks in, gasping when she sees all the papers on the floor.

"Oh my stars, what happened?!" She puts down the clipboard she was holding and goes to clean up the mess. I let out a sigh and join her, picking up all the documents I just blew everywhere.

Magic problems.

"A big gust of wind came through, blowing all the papers hehe." I say sheepishly, thanking God that the window was actually open. Nancy chuckles at me, as she gets the last few papers off the ground.

"Oh I've been there sweetie, only it was raining outside too!" We both start laughing out loud. I love Nancy. She's so sweet and kind to everyone, and always talks about her grandsons, saying she misses them. She reminds me of my mother, that why I like her. I then look down at hands, growing sad.

"I have to go soon. Forever" Nancy looks at me and frowns.

"What for? Did you get a new job?" I let out a sigh, trying not to cry.

"No. I uh... my old job said that I had to come back home. My 4 year contract is almost over." I somewhat lie to her. She raises a brow at me and stares for a minute before shaking her head in understanding.

"Just remember this sweetie. He can never control you, no matter how powerful he is." She then leaves, leaving me alone to think.