Chapter 11: Piano Silence

Looking down at my mobile phone, I decide to turn it on and see if anybody texted me.

Well, I know a certain someone did. When it turns on after a minute, my phone starts to constantly beep over and over with a bunch of text messages and missed calls. And guess from who, Mr. Big Bad Alpha.

I feel my heart racing a mile a minute as I read further more into the texts.

*ding*

Where are you??

*ding*

Lexa??

*ding*

Helloooooo?!?!?!?

*ding*

Why won't you answer me?!

*ding*

You're gonna regret it if you left the freaking pack..

*ding*

LEXA!!

*ding*

ANSWER MY DAMN CALLS!

*ding*

DON'T MAKE ME SHOCK YOU

*ding*

LEXAAAAA!!!

I quickly turn off my phone, as my heart starts to beat very fast. The last text he sent was 30 minutes ago... And it's almost midnight.

I don't k ow why he does this. In my head, I want to hate him. I want to hate every singer fiber in him, and I do. But also deep down in my heart, I still care. I still care about that stupid fool and it hurts.

I wish the pain would go away. Before I had found my mate, I would see people get hurt from love and didnt think much of it. I thought that they were acting too extra about it and that they would get over it soon.

I didn't think it was important. I guess you can say that's why I ran away when I found out James was my mate. I was scared.

I was scared of the whole mate thing.

Now I know why...

After Sam had opened up to me, he had to leave shortly after because of something with his wife and a checkup. He was skeptical of leaving me, but I said I was fine and I would be back home soon.

That was 7 hours ago.

I didn't want to lie to him, but it all comes down to one thing: Sam still works for James.

Sam was fine with not telling James anything about me leaving, because he was watching me. But since he had to go, I couldn't risk Sam telling him that I was going to be at some place, because I know that he would have to tell James.

So, I just lied to not deal with all that.

Now, I'm walking down the street where James and his fiance live, very slowly may I add. You see, he's been bothering me all day, and he sounds pretty mad.

I'm not ready for him to blow up on me and such. So, I'm going to do the most logical thing I can think of. And you know what that is?

Sneaking inside of course.

I'm just hoping that they're asleep by now since they were last night. Tip toeing to the front door, my heart beat quickens as I take out the key from under the door mat and place it inside the key hole, turning it to unlock.

Slowly turning it, I finally hear a 'click' and I take out the key slowly. When I do, I do a silent happy dance as I quietly open the door, making sure it doesn't squeak.

So far so good Lexa..

Closing the door behind me, I lock it and ever so slowly tip toe through the hall way, trying to find my way to the stair case. When I do, I quietly walk up the stairs, and head to my room door with a triumphed smile.

As I'm walking, I hear a whispering voice down the hall. Being stupid, I walk towards the noise and run into Ashley who was on the phone.

What's she still doing up?

She whispers into the phone, trying to sound quiet. She then starts to giggle out of nowhere very loudly, but puts her hand over her mouth when she heard herself getting loud.

When I took another step, the floor creaked, making a noise. She yelped in fright and quickly hung up the phone turning around. Making eye contact, we don't say anything as we just stare at eachother.

I squint my eyes at her, looking at her weirdly.

"Who were you talking to?" I ask her, as I cross my arms. She then glares at me, as if I did something.

"None of your business." She says casually, looking off as I just stand there, not knowing what to.

It got awkward really quick.

She awkwardly scratches her neck, seeming very off. What's her problem?

"Uh what are you doing there?" She asks me, sliding her phone into her pocket, acting as if nothing is wrong. I raise a brow at her in question.

"I just got here... so I'll be heading to my room then..." I mumble awkwardly as she nods her head at me, looking away uncomfortably. I then turn around and walk away to my room.

What was that all about?

After taking a refreshing shower and putting on some comfy clothes, I snuggle under the covers and close my eyes, awaiting for sleep to take over my body.

Before sleep can take over, I hear a sound of music erupt through the house. I slightly sit up, waiting to hear it again.

Was that a piano?

Another wave of music flows through the house, letting me know it is a piano. Who's playing the piano at this time of night? I didn't even know they had a piano.

Instead of getting up and seeing who it is, I lay back down on the comfy bed and deeply listen as the keys of the piano easily strum out, lulling me to sleep.