Chapter 1: A pleading request

Aelita's pov

We set off for the digital sea again, hoping we could find out some more information about Xana. It's been a while since William had been taken over by Xana and have been staying in Lyoko. The only way that police hadn't been involved is we were able to create a clone that looks like him but not so much acts like him. After we had been drifting for a little while I began to hear a soft voice speaking in my head.

"Aelita please, please help me. I need your help before it's to late". The voice pleaded to me and I wasn't sure if it was a trap or if this being truly needed my help.

"Where are you?" I asked using my mind to try and see if I could contact with the mysterious being.

"Go further into the digital sea until you come across a spherical field made of dark energy".

"Aelita, Aelita are you okay?" Jeremy asked in a worried tone. His voice snapping me out of the conversation with the voice.

"Yeah..I'm fine Jeremy." I lied.

"What's wrong? You were quiet there for a while there."

"It's nothing." I told everyone.

"Watch out! You got some monsters quickly approaching. Be careful. Seems Xana has sent more than usual. There are so many!" Jeremy yelled in his headset.

Just how many..exactly?" Yumi asked.

"20!" he yelled again in shock.

"20!" We all repeated together in just as much shock as Jeremy was.

"All at once?!" I asked.

"Yeah. I wonder if xana might be trying to hide something. It's a bit suspicious, especially when he is sending so many monsters all at once. Maybe he wants to make sure we don't go near whatever it is that could be further in the digital sea that could give us an advantage." he explained.

' Or maybe it is someone he doesn't want to lose..'I thought to myself.

"Aelita...Aelita please...help me.." The voice spoke once again pleading.

"I wonder what this something is that our good buddy Xana is hiding from us. Maybe he has a gift for us." Odd snickered.

'I'm wondering the same..what exactly is this something..or someone..could he be hiding this person that has been contacting me?' I wondered.

"Do you think it's important?" Yumi asked.

"Who knows it can be anything..and it must be important if Xana is putting up so much defense." Jeremy said.

As we got further we eventually saw the monsters Xana had positioned and ready to fight. Instead of fighting as a single machine and taking longer the others seperated from me and zoomed off toward the monsters to go fight. The monsters came at us with everything they had in store for us. I fought off five and everyone took on the rest. When the last monster was destroyed we were relieved and they began to come back to me to form back the skid. However, once we had destroyed them more appeared in the same high number. Our weapons were low, but what will happen to the person once we leave? What if Xana is keeping this mysterious being prisoner? What if this is a person who has ended on Lyoko because of Xana? So many questions rang through my head and I wasn't sure what to think anymore other than Xana had someone captive.

"Abort the mission and come back! If they keep showing up in numbers like this it won't end well for all of you especially with the weapons being in low numbers." Jeremy warned.

I looked down with a sad expression on my face as we left to go back to the surface of Lyoko.

'I wonder who was contacting me...how did it know my name? The way the voice spoke..it sounded like it was either in danger or was in pain..'

I was in deep thought asking myself this over and over. Repeatd questions I had asked myself appearing in my head again. Just then I was interrupted by Jeremy again.

"Aelita are you sure everything is okay? You've been spacing out ever since you went to the digital sea."

Everyone looked to me with a worried expression apon their faces. They all semed to be wondering the same thing as they stared at me waiting for my response.

"Is something troubling you at all?" Yumi asked.

Why am I always interrupted when I'm trying to think.

"Yeah you look like odd whenever a girl passes by him, he just gawks and stares totally spaced out for a while." Ulrich commented while laughing.

"Hey I do not gawk at every girl that passes by just the really cute ones." Odd snapped back at him.

"Sure, Odd whatever you say." He snickered. With a shrug of his shoulders.

Odd seemed ready to tackle his teasing best friend. His face starting to become flustered and a bit irritated at the same time.

"No, no everything's fine...I just have a lot on my mind." I reassured them.

"Well okay, but we're here for you if need us." Jeremy said taking my hand and patting the back of my palm gently.

I smiled at him as he assured me and let go of my hand after a second of saying that. Knowing that I had such reliable friends usually helped put my worries at ease. However, this was a worry I feel I would be thinking of for quite sometime..at least until I can figure out what exactly was going on. Figuring out who was talking to me, and Xana's extreme defense move.

"Thanks Jeremy..and everyone."

We left the factory, and went back to our dorms hoping no one would see us. Yumi went her separate way heading back to her house that was down the street from the academy. Before we reached the dorms I had checked my phone and the time was 1:30 A.M. I snuck to the floor where the girls had their rooms. I peeked from around the corner to make sure no teacher or other adult was wandering the hallways. Seeing that the hallways were quiet and empty I quickly tip toed to my room. Walking in I quietly shut the door and changed into my nightgown and went to bed. As I drifted off to sleep I began having this strange dream. There was nothing but darkness all around me. I couldn't see anything or anyone. However not to soon after I noticed a glowing white light. I squinted my eyes trying to distinguish if the white light was anything. Moving my feet, I began cautiously walking closer to the strange light. When I got closer I began noticing that the light had surrounded a figure. Rubbing my eyes, I found myself staring at the figure that was outlined by this mysterious light. The details of the figure wasn't very clear, but the face had a pained expression and had female features.

"Who are you?" I asked curiously.