Chapter 10: Dance Trap

~Akiko's pov~

I woke up to the obnoxious noise of my alarm clock telling me in its own way to wake up and get ready for the day. I groggily sat up, rubbed my eyes, yawned, stretched and got out of bed. I walked to my dresser still out of it from my sleep and opened the drawer. I got dressed in the outfit I usually wore. Aeltia was sitting up in her bed stretching also and let out a yawn once I looked at her.

"Morning Aelita." I greeted then yawned once more.

"Morning." She said stretching again.

I waited on my bed as Aelita got dressed, and I decided to go through my bag to look if I had any paper I needed turn anything in which seemed to be I didn't. It was a good thing too. Having way too much homework would make me feel a bit overwhelmed. After Aelita got dressed and ready we proceeded to our first class.

~Skip to 3rd hour~

Aeltia told me about Xana's recent attacks while she was in the super computer and when she got materialized on Earth as we sat down.

"Xana has gone to all sorts of lengths. Making up a virtual world on Lyoko and keeping the other three in it is seriously clever..Which makes me a bit nervous on what other sort of attack he can think of." I said.

"It was crazy. Another way was materializing monsters too."

"What?! That's insane!"

"Akiko Stones even though class hasn't officially started I will not tolerate shouting!" Mrs. Hertz lectured.

I ducked my head in shame and rubbed the back of my head.

"I'm sorry Ma'am. I got a little overexcited."

Once class officially started I began to doze off and the voice of the teacher began to slowly fade. I had thought about Lyoko and the 6 sectors as it was no longer my home. I was glad it wasn't too. I would be just fine here with Aeltia and everyone else here at the dorms. I couldn't eat, sleep, feel cold, feel heat, have all my senses or the experiences that comes along with living on Earth.

"You're late Lucas!" I shot my head up to see the young man walking in with a bored look just not giving a care in the world as he came to sit by me.

"Hey Akiko." He greeted.

"Why are you late?"

I smiled slightly and began waving at him while he sat down in his chair getting into a comfy position.

"I slept in. I was tired and had a dream about us~"

"Y-you did?"

"Yeah. The two of us walking through the forest, holding hands, and you looked stunning. The moonlight reflecting off you-"

"Mr. Yoshida it's bad enough you're late, but now you're talking in my class while I am. This is not English class."

Lucas let out a sigh and put his chin on his hand. I smiled to myself and looked over the room as I did I spotted Odd watching me with anger spreading over his face. My smile vanished. He seemed to have overheard what Lucas was saying because he turned facing forward. I looked down a bit looking at what was in front of me. Opening my textbook, I looked through the book flipping the pages slowly even though I was skimming through it. Eventually time passed and our class was over so the bell went off. Slowly I walked out with Aeltia still upset about Odd's reaction when I glanced at him.

"You okay Akiko?" She asked.

I sighed and shook my head.

"I was until Odd gave me the cold shoulder along with an aggravated look."