Chapter 5: Akiko vs. William

Aelita's pov

I can't believe she is going to go fight all those monsters, and William all by herself. All we can do is stand here and watch her. I feel so helpless. Even for us all those monsters and William would be a challenge and there are four of us. However, there is only one of her.

"She better have something up her sleeve if she thinks she can take an army and William by herself." Odd spoke.

"She must be crazy if she thinks she can." Ulrich commented.

We don't even know her abilities. What if it isn't enough to take them on. What if she loses and is forced back to be imprisoned by xana again? What will happen to her then? Why was she SO important to xana in the first place? Is she really their ultimate weapon? So many questions were running through my head then Yumi spoke up.

"I wonder what's she's up to..?" Yumi questioned watching Akiko's movements.

"Do you think she can win?"

"I'm not sure yet we don't know her abilities so it's hard to tell" I responded. Yumi had a worried expression and turned to watch the fight. "Please be careful" I whispered. I saw everyone was turned to watch the fight we all stayed silent.

Akiko's pov

They all doubt me, and Ulrich thinks I'm crazy what next?

'I'll show them because they haven't seen my true power yet.' I thought.

I swung my staff as it threw fireballs at other monsters. Dodging some lasers that were being shot at me I scraped the tip of my staff creating friction along the platform. The spark eventually turned into flames and I swung the staff upward and a long slash of fire was sent fling at the monsters in front. The monsters caught on fire and were destroyed in a matter of seconds. My ears twitched listening to something ripping through the air. I turned and saw something flying which seemed to be some sort of black energy wave that must have come from William's sword. Rolling to the side I stood back up quickly and dodged a laser that came from a nearby monster. Sliding my hand against the stone wings appeared and I flew up knowing my attacks would be much more effective if I was higher up.

"Hey watch it!" I yelled.

I glided my hands across the stone across my chest. As I pulled my hand away the energy stuck with my hand and formed into an energy field. It was like the one's Aelita uses, but mine was colored purple. Throwing them I managed to hit one monster, but the other was dodged by the monster I targeted.

'10 down so far.'

Forming another energy field into my hands I gathered more energy into my sphere. Once it grew big enough I lit it with the flame still on my staff and concentrated then made a fire blast shooting it destroying more monsters in the process until it went out. As I destroyed the monsters and the fire eventually went out I looked around trying to figure out where William was. However, I didn't see him anywhere.

'Where the hell is he?'

I took a few steps forward and looked around. Suddenly I was hit in the back by an attack and sent to the ground. Looking behind me, I saw my wings sparking and I knew they were damaged and vanished from his attack.

"Shit..my wings." I muttered.

"With your wings damaged you won't be able to dodge anything as easily now." William stated.

He seemed pleased with himself that Xana had mentioned the detail about even one hit made my wings vanish. I was beyond irritated with being taken down like that and stood up. His smirk meant that he liked how I reacted to my misfortune. William disappeared into smoke and went behind me. This didn't surprise me, before he could attack me I did a midair back flip. I picked up my staff and stood up. Raising it I stuck it into the ground and focused the energy from my stone into the staff and with that power a crack shot out from it and went across the platform and separated. Some monsters fell that were near the edges as the ground shook. Swinging my staff, I broke parts of the ground. The rocks flew into the air and I kicked them sending them at the monsters. There wasn't that many to go now. Most of them were flying types and only a few ground bound ones. After making the ground crack and open some more I managed to get rid of the monsters that were on the ground. Lighting up the tip of my staff with fire again I shot fireballs destroying the reaming flying monsters. It was now me and Willaim.

"Ready to give up now?" I asked in confidence.

"I won't stop until I send you back to Xana where you belong." He replied xanas virus behind his voice.

Gang's pov

All the warriors were speechless at what they just saw.

"See I knew she would be the victor!" Odd said proudly even though he was lying.

All of them were nervous about what would happen with her fighting numerous monsters, and William all on her own.

"That is the total opposite of what you said earlier!" Aeltia reminded him.

" 'Akiko better have something up her sleeve if she thinks she can take out the army then William by herself.' You doubted her that she would win." Ulrich restated.

"Well I...uh." Odd couldn't find words.

"Speechless for once huh Odd?" Ulrich chuckled.

I wasn't sure if Odd was speechless, but she was completely dumbfounded.

"I was just testing her okay?!" Odd snapped.

"Sure odd, whatever you say." Yumi giggled.

Aeltia was completely stunned. She would have never thought that Akiko would have that kind of power, but she knew that Akiko wasn't out of the woods just yet.

"The worst is still yet to come. Now it's her and William and fighting. William is far more different than any monster Xana sends. William is practically his right hand man.."Aeltia said.

Everyone looked at her knowing she was right.

"Well if she can take out 35 monsters all by herself then I know she can defeat William too no problem." Odd said.

Aeltia looked at Odd who in surprisingly had a serious face, and yet he is always the one joking about everything. Normally the group didn't see this side of him. He seemed to have more faith in Akiko now after seeing what she could do. Everyone grew silent and turned their heads to watch the remaining battle.

Akiko's pov

"You could come with me quietly without getting seriously hurt." William warned.

"And what makes you think I will? How do I know if I go back with you that you won't use me like Xana? The LAST thing I will ever do is make Xana happy about going back to him and letting him use me as a weapon. Besides he has a new guard dog." I snapped snickering at the last part.

"You're such a wise ass." He growled.

"Don't you love that about me? It is my specialty." I smirked at the black-haired puppet.

Swiftly raising a hand to my chest I slide it across my stone forming an energy field. Jumping into the air I threw it at him. I held onto my staff and swung it with the tip pointing at him. I got into a readied stance ready for an attack from him.

"You're such a show off!" William shouted.

"Don't be jealous because I have a better weapon. Sometimes you lose your balance when swinging that too big of a sword. Guess you aren't cut out to handle it." I mocked.

Sprinting toward him I charged at William. When we met our weapons clashed and both of us putting our strength in to pushing the other back. Neither of us loosing strength. We blocked every attack either of us threw at the other. It felt like we weren't getting anywhere. We continued to clash, however I won the second time. Getting him off his balance I managed to push him back. Swinging my staff against the ground I lit the tip of it and swung the staff a second time sending the fire right at him. With the tip still lit I quickly glided a hand across the blade sending a blast of the energy at William. He wasn't able to move fast enough that the attack hit him. and he vanished into black and red mist. His sword dropping to the ground and turned into the same black mist.

"I will never go back..I will go live the life I have deserved, and no one will stop me from doing so either.." I mumbled to myself.

Walking back to the others I smiled in victory and gave a thumbs up.