Chapter 4

I'm so happy you guys are enjoying the story so far. Your kind comments and votes mean everything to me. Now on with the story.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Aki groaned as the sunlight from the window blinded his eyes.

"Morning already?"

He turned away from the window, attempting to get a little more sleep. He repositioned his head into a soft spot on his bed then let his eyelids droop.

It was comfortable but he was sure mattresses didn't breath. Aki bolted up and shifted all his blankets. Underneath them was Hikari, peacefully sleeping in his bed.

This has happened every other day since she moved in about a month ago.

At first, it shocked him so badly he almost passed out. It was the twentieth day and now it was just kinda annoying.

Sure, having a cute girl in your bed is nice. But every day?

Aki decided to leave her be and make preparations for the day. He had a mission later on so it was best to start his day now.

As he left to shower and dress, Hikari had finally stirred. She rose with a yawn, followed by a good stretch. She blushed once she realized she was not in her own bed. The sheets smelled of Aki.

Stop being weird and get up.

By the time she climbed out of bed, Aki was cooking breakfast. When she entered the kitchen, Aki was fully dressed and facing the stove.

"Morning Aki." She said with a yawn.

"Good morning." He nodded.

Once breakfast was done cooking, the two sat down and ate. It was momentarily silent til Hikari spoke up.

"You have a mission today?"

"Yeah, I'll be gone for a few days. Daisuke and Aoi will stay behind though."

She remained silent for a moment before finding the courage to speak.

"Could... Could I come?"

He stared at her for a good minute before answering.

"No. Too dangerous."

"I can handle it."

"No you can't..."

"How can you be so sure?"

"You almost died out there if not for us. Do you think that's handling things?"

The tension in the room grew as Aki rose from his seat.

"I'm leaving. Daisuke and Aoi will come by later."

"...Ok."

He grabbed his blade and quickly left. As the door shut, the two sighed but felt guilty. Hikari sat at the empty table for a while longer before going to get dressed.

As she changed, her mind wandered back to what Aki said.

And he was right.

But she hated sitting around and doing nothing. Everyday her friends would entertain her but they had ninja stuff to do sometimes and left her home.

When she was alone, she'd sit in her room and read the different books from around the house. They were pretty boring until she stumbled across the ninja handbook. It was kinda beaten up and old, but it had a bunch of information.

Information on how to do certain jutsus, do hand signs, and other stuff as well.

It intrigued her. She wanted be a ninja like everyone else. Hikari had tried some stuff in the book. Some were easy and others were challenging.