Chapter 6

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading and if you enjoy you should play Naruto online. Time for shameless fanservice.
_______________________________________

Aki sighed in relief once he saw the village gates. This mission felt as if it had been going on for years. He turned to the rest of the team.

Shizuka had opted to walk ahead of him and the others, while Ume chatted aimlessly with Akira.

He turned his gaze back to the silent girl.

Ever since she and Akira had that small moment, the team seemed tense around each other. Shizuka tended to be on her own more often and Ume often prevented Akira from checking on her.

What the hell is up with them?

Shizuka abruptly stopped a few feet away from the gates, but he was to far to tell why.

Once he was close enough, he too stopped.

He had expected for Hikari, Daisuke, and Aoi to wait for him at the gate. It was a team tradition.

What shocked him was Hikari wearing a Konoha forehead protected  across her upper chest.

"Welcome back!" She called.

She ran up to Shizuka and hugged her, then did the same to Aki.

"You.. You.." He began.

"Surprised huh?" Daisuke grinned.

When he wordlessly nodded, Aoi laughed.

"Well it's true. Kari here is officially a Leaf ninja."

Hikari looked at Aki nervously. Ever since she had become a ninja, she had waited to see his reaction. His face was blank right now and that kind of scared her.

Her fear diminished as a grin broke onto his face.

"Congratulations Hikari."

Her cheeks burned as she beamed at him.

"Well, I think this calls for a celebration!"

The group turned to Akira, who had finally caught up to them with Ume.

"Not at my house this time." Aki frowned.

"Of course not. It's my turn!" He grinned.

"Oh boy...this sounds like a trap." Daisuke said.

Aoi giggled and wrapped her arms his bicep.

"Come on Daisuke, it'll be fun. It's for Kari." She said, batting her eyes at him.

"Yeah! Come on Daisuke!" Hikari begged.

"I-I guess I'll come." He stuttered.

The two girls cheered and smiled happily at him, to which he blushed slightly at in return.

"It'll be tonight!" Akira declared.

"TONIGHT!? We just got back!" Aki sighed.

"Come on Akihiko, it's for Hikari."

He glanced at the blue haired girl and sighed. He didn't seem to have a choice.

"Fine..."

Akira grinned victoriously.

"I guess I'll see you all there." He said.

Shizuka didn't wait for him to finish, walking off towards the Hokage's office. He sulked as she went off to report their mission.

"I guess Shizuka isn't coming..." Ume mumbled.

"Yeah maybe..." He sighed.

Akira shrugged it off and head off towards his own house, Ume following close behind. Hikari looked at him curiously.